• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Affinity Scheme

I bought my new MG5 Exclusive 2 weeks ago for £22495 including Red paint, type 2 charging cable, mats and dog guard included. Very happy so far.
Was that as part of the affinity scheme, or just a 'normal' deal? And which dealer did you use please? Thanks

Exclusive for 21.5k. Would have been 20k something but bought the type 2 as it only came with granny, and paid £500 for red and £60 or whatever it was for mudguards. Still a lower deal than most it seems.
Which dealer did you use please?

Are the affinity prices quoted above including the PICG?
Are the dealers offering 0%apr on affinity scheme retail prices?
I am not a key worker and not eligible for affinity scheme so most quotes I received were around 26500 on 0%apr PCP for the exclusive. This makes the car more dearer than I expected.

I am not a key worker and not eligible for affinity scheme so most quotes I received were around 26500 on 0%apr PCP for the exclusive. This makes the car more dearer than I expected.
Yes that includes all discounts. Personally I didn't have to prove any details that I'm a key worker. So maybe just call up a dealership, say you work for NHS, police or whatever and hope they don't ask for evidence ;-)

no, you cannot have 0% finance with the Affinity discount, it’s 4.99 percent.

Yes it's wither 0% finance at full price or the affinity deal for around 21/22k.

I would think most dealers are not too bothered about evidence. Or a nice little template or a family member that works for the appropriate area would do the trick.

I asked my dealer about this and he said the sighting of evidence was a local thing but MG conducted random checks to make sure the rules were being followed.
If the affinity discount was given without entitlement, the dealer would be in trouble with MG.
Interestingly, my order form doesn't mention the discount. It just states the reduced price as the basic price.

I had to get a letter from the agency my wife works for confirming she was a supply teacher. The dealer me they then had to send this to MG head office to get the deal approved. Took a few days to get confirmation.

My wife works in a school as a TA would she be eligible for the affinity discount?
I can't see why she shouldn't if employed by the school. My wife works as a TA through an agency and was eligible. The good thing with the affinity is you can but the car in your name if you have a relative who is a key worker. You don't need to be one yourself.

I better not tell her as she might want an MG3 if it comes out.
Wish I had know about the scheme when I got my 5🙄

As Joe said the dealers get spot checks as to who they give the affinity deal to. My Mrs is a Nurse so we are both eligible, so they asked to take a copy of her nhs I.D. Card.
Do you have any relatives at all that are within the affinity rules?
As for PCP, when we brought our ZS we got it at 1.9% but that was back in June last year, when all the covid crap was going on.
I haven’t got a clue what the affinity scheme PCP deals are now?
Hope you get sorted

Thanks for your responses.
Are the affinity discounts always tied to PCP or do they apply to cash purchases as well?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom