Affinity Scheme

Had a chat with my local MG dealer today about the MG Affinity Scheme.
This is still running at the moment and he confirmed that I would be eligible as a retired civil servant (wasn't sure about that so the clarification was welcome).
The scheme discount brought the price of an Excite down to £20,667 and I have to say that looks quite tempting but I haven't (yet) approached other dealers.
I'd be grateful for some feedback from other members who have used affinity though as I have seen much contradictory information published.
In particular:
  • Did you get any colour at no extra cost?
  • Did you get a Type 2 Charger cable?
  • Did you find scope for further downward negotiation on price (£££ or inclusion of extras)
I've got my first test drive booked next week (y)
Hi got mg 5 ev exclusive with affinity and had free paint and the type 2 charging cable ( normally £250)

I'm trying to find out if I am eligible for this scheme but I'm getting conflicting answers. I worked for Hampshire County Council but I'm now retired and getting a pension. One MG dealer has told me I am not eligible as you must be currently employed by the Council, another dealer tells me that yes I am eligible. I tried messaging MG head office but I just got an email quoting what it says on their site, which makes no mention of pensioners. Does anyone know?.

I'm trying to find out if I am eligible for this scheme but I'm getting conflicting answers. I worked for Hampshire County Council but I'm now retired and getting a pension. One MG dealer has told me I am not eligible as you must be currently employed by the Council, another dealer tells me that yes I am eligible. I tried messaging MG head office but I just got an email quoting what it says on their site, which makes no mention of pensioners. Does anyone know?.
It may be of some help to know that you would be eligible using affinity with Hyundai, I can't see any reason why MG wouldn't honour it - "The Hyundai affinity programme is for the use of current employees, retired employees drawing a pension or up to date members of an Hyundai Affinity partner companies/member organisations (full list below). Proof of employment, pension receipt or up to date membership will be required at the point of order."

Personally I'm self employed but I work on contracts for the public sector. I wasn't asked for any evidence and got the affinity scheme

You are eligible when retired as long as you are receiving your pension.
I covered this point in the first post of the thread.

Yes I did see that. It's just that before starting my purchase I thought it wise to get confirmation from some MG dealers and that's when I got both a yes and no answer as to weather or not I was eligible. I thought I would see how members of this forum had got on.

As Stevebissex says above the Hyundai Affinity scheme is quite specific and mentions pensioners, but I don't really want to go down the Hyundai route.

Yes I did see that. It's just that before starting my purchase I thought it wise to get confirmation from some MG dealers and that's when I got both a yes and no answer as to weather or not I was eligible. I thought I would see how members of this forum had got on.

As Stevebissex says above the Hyundai Affinity scheme is quite specific and mentions pensioners, but I don't really want to go down the Hyundai route.
i Would just go with the dealer that says yes. Surely MG just want to shift cars and deep down don’t care. Once a discounted price is revealed then that is the price of the car for me whatever marque.

Ye just call around, get the best deal with affinity or not and go with that. It could be called sausages or potato deal and give you a discount, doesn't matter what it's called or who it's for, they still make money on their car sale and you get a good car at a good price, its just a tick in the box for them.

Am I correct in my assumption that I would not be eligible for this scheme?

My soon-to-be mother-in-law is a nurse. My fiancé (her daughter) would also be using the car but it would be me purchasing the car.

Ye just call around, get the best deal with affinity or not and go with that. It could be called sausages or potato deal and give you a discount, doesn't matter what it's called or who it's for, they still make money on their car sale and you get a good car at a good price, its just a tick in the box for them.
If that is mashed potato then I'm all in!

My soon-to-be mother-in-law is a nurse. My fiancé (her daughter) would also be using the car but it would be me purchasing the car.
Ask the dealers until you find one that says yes

My next door neigbour's cousin's friend is a nurse, would I be eligible. ? :LOL:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom