• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Affinity Scheme

Thanks for your responses.
Are the affinity discounts always tied to PCP or do they apply to cash purchases as well?
I purchased my 5 with the affinity scheme (thanks to Mrs S being a nurse) and paid cash.
Mrs S signed up to a affinity scheme PCP last year for her ZS.
If I were you I would have a chat with your local MG dealer, remember they want to sell you a car (or deal) they have targets they have to meet, if they won’t play ball move to another dealer.
We purchased our cars from 2 different dealers as one could offer a better deal than the other.
Don’t let distance stop you buying, just see which dealers want to help.

What works out cheaper? 0% PCP without affinity or Affinity with PCP at a rate? Whatever the rate is?

Obviously affinity in cash is best if you have the cash

First of all bear in mind 0% PCP will depend on your credit status. The current list price for the excite after picg is £25095. On top of that they will try and sell you their gap insurance as well as paint and interior protection which adds another £1000 on top so takes you to £26095 to pay if you qualify for 0% pcp.

With affinity the price of the excite after picg and affinity discount including the protection package came to £19600. Repayments based on 4% interest and a final amount to pay of £7495 if I want to keep the car after 4 years the amount I will actually pay comes to £23279.

So in my case the affinity scheme saves me £2800 over the 0% pcp deal.

Pretty poor, possibly get a cheaper loan than that? Suppose it all depends on your credit rating. Or pay in cash if you
Investigated the option of a loan. The best rate I could get the repayments were too high as you were paying back the full value of the car. With the affinity scheme on PCP the monthly payments were just about affordable. When the 4 years are up I intend to trade up to a newer model taking advantage of the guaranteed trade in value rather than paying off the remaining balance. Hopefully the next car will go further between charges and charge quicker.

Pretty poor, possibly get a cheaper loan than that? Suppose it all depends on your credit rating. Or pay in cash if you have it
1.84% by adding it to the mortgage. It's about £75 per month which is roughly what we're saving in running costs.

Depends how long your mortgage is though I guess.
It doesn't really matter because we can overpay by 10% of the original advance each year and settle without penalty after 5 years. The idea is to keep the amount owing roughly equivalent to the car's value but in practice we're overpaying the first mortgage because the rate is slightly higher. It will definitely be cheaper than PCP in the long run.

I purchased my 5 with the affinity scheme (thanks to Mrs S being a nurse) and paid cash.
Mrs S signed up to a affinity scheme PCP last year for her ZS.
If I were you I would have a chat with your local MG dealer, remember they want to sell you a car (or deal) they have targets they have to meet, if they won’t play ball move to another dealer.
We purchased our cars from 2 different dealers as one could offer a better deal than the other.
Don’t let distance stop you buying, just see which dealers want to help.
Had a chat with dealer. They agreed to authorize wife's employment under affinity, she works for clinical research firm.
Test drove a 5 and a ZS EV. Seating position for my frame and the fact that rear occupant could stretch their legs under front seats meant we found ourselves favouring ZS EV over 5. Went ahead and put in an order( pimlico blue zsev exclusive with type 2 cable for 23600), collecting it tomorrow.

It doesn't really matter because we can overpay by 10% of the original advance each year and settle without penalty after 5 years. The idea is to keep the amount owing roughly equivalent to the car's value but in practice we're overpaying the first mortgage because the rate is slightly higher. It will definitely be cheaper than PCP in the long run.
Not to go off subject but I am with Woolwich Barclays and I thought i could only pay 10% of my mortgage each year without charge. Turns out I could pay as many payments I wanted to as long as each payment wasn't over 3 times my monthly payment. So I could literally sit there all day and pay off all of my mortgage, obviously you need the cash. But i had no idea I could do that until I researched it. Anyway... thought I'd mention it incase that helped

Had a chat with dealer. They agreed to authorize wife's employment under affinity, she works for clinical research firm.
Test drove a 5 and a ZS EV. Seating position for my frame and the fact that rear occupant could stretch their legs under front seats meant we found ourselves favouring ZS EV over 5. Went ahead and put in an order( pimlico blue zsev exclusive with type 2 cable for 23600), collecting it tomorrow.
Good to hear, congratulations 🎉 🥳🎉
Told you they would want to help, :)
Really pleased you’ve joined the Ev quite revolution.

Picking my affinty deal MG5 exclusive up tomorrow, metallic paint at no extra cost and a free type two lead, got half price diamond brite too. Did have to pay for some extras of my choosing, front parking sensors and rear quarter glass tints and protection pack.
We have just recently purchased an MG5 and enquired about front parking sensors, but dealer said they were available for ZS only. I would be interested to know any details about them please. Thanks

Good to hear, congratulations 🎉 🥳🎉
Told you they would want to help, :)
Really pleased you’ve joined the Ev quite revolution.
Took delivery yesterday. Happy with the purchase. Looking forward to the green miles.
IMG_20210624_184154~2.jpg

We have just recently purchased an MG5 and enquired about front parking sensors, but dealer said they were available for ZS only. I would be interested to know any details about them please. Thanks
Our dealer has a nearby autoelectrician who fit sensors for them.

Our dealer has a nearby autoelectrician who fit sensors for them.
OK Thanks for the info. I will see what is available locally to me.

Dealer said their supplier may have them a bit further down the line so may wait and see for a while.

I
OK Thanks for the info. I will see what is available locally to me.

Dealer said their supplier may have them a bit further down the line so may wait and see for a while.
Guess that insurance companies need to be informed?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom