Affinity Scheme

Does anyone have prices for the Long Range 5 using affinity ?

Does anyone have prices for the Long Range 5 using affinity ?

MG5 EV Excite Auto£20,667
MG5 EV Exclusive Auto£22,464
MG5 EV Long Range Excite Auto£22,699
MG5 EV Long Range Exclusive Auto£24,557

Was told today at “bristol street motors” in carlisle that the affinity scheme isnt available for the long range. Was about to do the deal…

Affinity scheme is definitely available for long range, I'm in the process of buying one.
Just spoke to another dealer (who have a long range on sale via autotrader mentioning public sector discount ) who say it’s not available on long range.

Just spoke to another dealer (who have a long range on sale via autotrader mentioning public sector discount ) who say it’s not available on long range.
Someone on Twitter mentioned that too - it might have changed if multiple dealers are saying this - as I collected mine last Saturday, ordered mid July & bought through Affinity Scheme.

Managed to get a dealer in Scotland to do it… just the decision over excite or exclusive. There doesn’t really seem to be enough to warrant the difference. The extras just don’t excite me. Theres more that separates the the long range excite and the non long range than the excite and the exclusive.

Managed to get a dealer in Scotland to do it… just the decision over excite or exclusive. There doesn’t really seem to be enough to warrant the difference. The extras just don’t excite me. Theres more that separates the the long range excite and the non long range than the excite and the exclusive.
Well done on getting it sorted. Frasers by any chance?
With the Affinity scheme not being quite so generous on the LR compared to the SR, it does create more of a headache re which one is the right option. And everyone is different - I do a lot of miles in the car, so spend a lot of time in the car. I went for the LR exclusive for the extra range, the MG Pilot and the Lumbar Support (thought the seat was way better).

Well done on getting it sorted. Frasers by any chance?
With the Affinity scheme not being quite so generous on the LR compared to the SR, it does create more of a headache re which one is the right option. And everyone is different - I do a lot of miles in the car, so spend a lot of time in the car. I went for the LR exclusive for the extra range, the MG Pilot and the Lumbar Support (thought the seat was way better).
Yes, they seemed helpful when my own dealer it was a flat out no, but we can order a non LR car for March for you. I doubt they’ll be any non LR versions very soon, never mind factory ordered ones. Why have a separate production line for such changes and minimal differential in pricing.

Yes, they seemed helpful when my own dealer it was a flat out no, but we can order a non LR car for March for you. I doubt they’ll be any non LR versions very soon, never mind factory ordered ones. Why have a separate production line for such changes and minimal differential in pricing.
I think Miles might have mentioned on the PodCast that all MG5 being produced (probably for the past 3+ months) are Long Range versions - Standard Range stock won't be replenished. His theory was, as you say, to reduce the number of assembly line options, by unifying some of the features of the new European facelift MG5 with the non-facelift UK version

I have mentioned this before in other threads and many say I'm being pessimistic. I believe UK customers have been let down by SAIC strategy probably imposed on G UK.

Majority of changes are "soft changes" in the LR to update original RHD 5s (retro fit at factory in some cases?) for stock clearance in the UK and probably Ireland.

Battery capacity increase not "bigger battery" other improvements mostly in software and some pilot sensors. Not on sale elsewhere in the world (stand to be corrected) so hardly a new production run?. I'd be surprised if there will be a LR production line shortly as it will become face lift only and LR (original 5 upgraded for stock clearance) will also runout when stock gone.

Miles reasoning re harmonisation of production line is correct, it will be worldwide facelift only very soon if it isn't already. Homologation for UK could (may have) have been done by now for facelift, but too many RHD 5s (5 LR) to sell in UK/Ireland only.

Remaining stock still to sell in UK/Boat/Storage-Factory India must go first. Good strategy for MG not great for MG UK/Ireland customers. Happy (and hope) to be to be shot down here if you have evidence to the contrary rather than rose tinted specs.

I have mentioned this before in other threads and many say I'm being pessimistic. I believe UK customers have been let down by SAIC strategy probably imposed on G UK.

Majority of changes are "soft changes" in the LR to update original RHD 5s (retro fit at factory in some cases?) for stock clearance in the UK and probably Ireland.

Battery capacity increase not "bigger battery" other improvements mostly in software and some pilot sensors. Not on sale elsewhere in the world (stand to be corrected) so hardly a new production run?. I'd be surprised if there will be a LR production line shortly as it will become face lift only and LR (original 5 upgraded for stock clearance) will also runout when stock gone.

Miles reasoning re harmonisation of production line is correct, it will be worldwide facelift only very soon if it isn't already. Homologation for UK could (may have) have been done by now for facelift, but too many RHD 5s (5 LR) to sell in UK/Ireland only.

Remaining stock still to sell in UK/Boat/Storage-Factory India must go first. Good strategy for MG not great for MG UK/Ireland customers. Happy (and hope) to be to be shot down here if you have evidence to the contrary rather than rose tinted specs.
With the exception of the bigger battery I can't really disagree with anything you have stated. I do believe the battery is physically deeper hence the slight changed in ride height.

Also believe the 'real' price (actual price paid) for a the face-lift model will be higher than the current price.

Hadn't clocked the ride height so well spotted. As clearance is good anyway I wonder if the few mil is for some other reason. Pilot Radar? Have the wheels/tyres changed?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom