Affinity Scheme

yeah, thats more or less where i found out it was such a thing. Excite Lr for £22,699.
(though not here yet... still waiting)

Question fellow MGEV owners. On Friday I ordered a HS exclusive PHEV on Affinity. On rereading the paperwork there is something odd the HS PHEV exclusive base model comes with pearl white paint as standard g base model. It appears the dealer has reduced the affinity discount by the equal amount for the "free" metallic paint as I wont be ordering that. To my mind that's dodgy as from what I can see/read the Affinity discount on the HS exclusive PHEV is 17.25% off the basic car price. (eg before VAT and any options) on top of that Affinity offers you free metallic and type 2 cable. Effectively I would have to pay more (reduced discount) for not selecting an optional paint. Thoughts and experiences anyone?

The cost for an MG5LR was the same for me irrespective of paint choice. So, the best deal was to take the tri-colour red rather than white as you ‘saved’ an extra £695 over the base white. I bought black so saved an additional £545 I guess.

Had a chat with my local MG dealer today about the MG Affinity Scheme.
This is still running at the moment and he confirmed that I would be eligible as a retired civil servant (wasn't sure about that so the clarification was welcome).
The scheme discount brought the price of an Excite down to £20,667 and I have to say that looks quite tempting but I haven't (yet) approached other dealers.
I'd be grateful for some feedback from other members who have used affinity though as I have seen much contradictory information published.
In particular:
  • Did you get any colour at no extra cost?
  • Did you get a Type 2 Charger cable?
  • Did you find scope for further downward negotiation on price (£££ or inclusion of extras)
I've got my first test drive booked next week (y)
Bought my SR Excite a couple of weeks ago on Affinity (NHS). Paid £21500. Sounds like I overpaid a bit. Had the one in the showroom so no colour choice. Got the type 2 charger plus free gap insurance and autoglym coating thing. Also free mats. Would have had flaps too but none available. Good px on my Zafira tourer so overall happy with the deal and the dealer.

Bought my SR Excite a couple of weeks ago on Affinity (NHS). Paid £21500. Sounds like I overpaid a bit. Had the one in the showroom so no colour choice. Got the type 2 charger plus free gap insurance and autoglym coating thing. Also free mats. Would have had flaps too but none available. Good px on my Zafira tourer so overall happy with the deal and the dealer.
I think you did alright - compared to Autotrader anyway. And you got some free stuff thrown in- I think prices might have also increased since May this year as I know the cost of an LR Exclusive now is more than I paid by a few hundred.

When you look at the price of the competition, any number in the low twenties is very good.

The cost for an MG5LR was the same for me irrespective of paint choice. So, the best deal was to take the tri-colour red rather than white as you ‘saved’ an extra £695 over the base white. I bought black so saved an additional £545 I guess.
How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? Was that LR Exclusive?

Hi, I think that was a good price with all the extras, what colour was it?

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? Was that LR Exclusive?
An MG5LR Exclusive at a touch over £24,500 - can’t remember exact amount (I took protection pack, spare wheel, boot protector so with those was £25,101) but something like £24,535 sounds vaguely familiar.

An MG5LR Exclusive at a touch over £24,500 - can’t remember exact amount (I took protection pack, spare wheel, boot protector so with those was £25,101) but something like £24,535 sounds vaguely familiar.
Exclusive 5LR on Affinity now is £24,868 at the moment I think, although looking on Autotrader some dealers are offering a tad less and one £1000 more!

Ye just call around, get the best deal with affinity or not and go with that. It could be called sausages or potato deal and give you a discount, doesn't matter what it's called or who it's for, they still make money on their car sale and you get a good car at a good price, its just a tick in the box for them.
What proof do you need as a retired Civil Servant please?

No idea for you but I was able to get it on showing a photo of my daughter's NHS badge (plus marriage cert to prove I was her Dad, given the different name).

I don't think the bar is very high

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom