Affinity Scheme

I signed up before I knew of the scheme, found about about it online (here maybe) and went back for a re-quote (within days, and I still don't have the car yet). I don't think you'd get anywhere trying to get it retrospectively, even if it were running at that time.

I did my research before I contacted the dealer so it was the first question I asked.
There are non-affinity members here that got an affinity level deal just through negotiation.

Yes, but its not the place of the dealership to tell you about it. The onus seems to be on you to tell them that u work for NHS or government etc
I see your point however many dealerships proactively promoted Affinity you only have to look at the internet to see many dealers highlight the scheme to potential buyers. This was a multiple make franchise where I had bought several other cars from over several years and expected better. On balance I got Zero percent finance so likely to be better off in the total paid column of any spread sheet?

I did my research before I contacted the dealer so it was the first question I asked.
There are non-affinity members here that got an affinity level deal just through negotiation.
Paid £26,193.86 on the road with met paint and protection pack on zero percent

The dealer in Lincoln told me about it and said that even with the 0% apr deal, the affinity works out cheaper. They've calculated it a few times for people and it always works out better with Affinity. Plus you get free ccs cable and choice of any paint colour free. I think my 5LR works out at 24500 after all the grants and discounts.

The dealer in Lincoln told me about it and said that even with the 0% apr deal, the affinity works out cheaper. They've calculated it a few times for people and it always works out better with Affinity. Plus you get free ccs cable and choice of any paint colour free. I think my 5LR works out at 24500 after all the grants and discounts.
Original standard range back in March

Picking my affinty deal MG5 exclusive up tomorrow, metallic paint at no extra cost and a free type two lead, got half price diamond brite too. Did have to pay for some extras of my choosing, front parking sensors and rear quarter glass tints and protection pack.
Hi
Just wondering how much the front parking sensors cost
We’re they fitted by a MG dealership
Are they integrated into the infotainment screen / rear view camera
Cheers
Ian
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I got my SR tri coat red with both charge cables for just over 21k.
Thats shocked me so re checked my finance. My figure includes 2k negative equity on PX. So a bit better. The rest of the difference may be in interest not sure if you paid cash or were on the 4.9 PCP my figure is at zero percent.

Thats shocked me so re checked my finance. My figure includes 2k negative equity on PX. So a bit better. The rest of the difference may be in interest not sure if you paid cash or were on the 4.9 PCP my figure is at zero percent.
Cash

excellent deal mate well done
Tbh if you just Google it you'll find similar deals on affinity. This one for example, I didnt buy it from there's but mine were willing to match and beat it a little.

Affinity example

Tbh if you just Google it you'll find similar deals on affinity. This one for example, I didnt buy it from there's but mine were willing to match and beat it a little.

Affinity example

Yep loads of publicity now but at the time (early March) I had never heard of Affinity it may have been published in NHS/Bluelight/Education or other realms but not in the retired community, so hard to goggle search for something you have never heard of. I told the dealer that my income was made of current salary and my military and railway pensions.. They never mentioned the possibility of Affinity (mil pension qualifies). Lessons learnt this is the same dealer who took more than a month to settle the finance on my PX and hit my credit rating with a missed payment even though they had bought the car almost 4 weeks earlier.

Yep loads of publicity now but at the time (early March) I had never heard of Affinity it may have been published in NHS/Bluelight/Education or other realms but not in the retired community, so hard to goggle search for something you have never heard of. I told the dealer that my income was made of current salary and my military and railway pensions.. They never mentioned the possibility of Affinity (mil pension qualifies). Lessons learnt this is the same dealer who took more than a month to settle the finance on my PX and hit my credit rating with a missed payment even though they had bought the car almost 4 weeks earlier.
Yep unfortunately it all depends on who you get which is the same in all of life isn't it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom