All this talk about LKA. I'm worried...

Thanks for all your comments. Of course, this will be the first car we've owned with lane assist so it would be a new experience with any car, not just the MG.

Just looking forward to getting it now. We're paying 9k more for the new MG vs the 2nd hand, 3 year old Kona and ID3 we originally looked at. Seemed like a no brainer - let's just hope all the amazing reviews and awards it's getting are right 👍
If it’s your first car with KLA mate then you’re gunna notice it- a lot.
Like I said previously I went to a new Kia from an auld Corsa and was convinced it was trying to kill me, so I used the indicators more and found the button to switch it off but as a lot say once you get into a routine you’ll be fine .

Its a common problem on all new cars ! Every car hire I've had recently have all had it on by default every start. Just get used to turning it off as a habit, plus a few other setting changes no doubt. Credit to the car brands that make this easy with just a push of a button on the indicator stalk, but not to MG !!.

I was recently given a hire car with it. Just handed the keys, no discussion at all, had to wander round the car park finding the car with the right reg no. My friend who drove first hadn't a clue what the car was playing at, she'd never even heard of LKA.

I've got a 10 year old Octavia with it on, and it's one of my favourite features when driving on the motorway. It just keeps you centred in the lane, and you can divert much more of your attention to whats going on around you.
The LKA on the MG4 just isn't as good IMO, but it certainly doesn't annoy me enough to turn it off.

My wife's Trophy LR is nowhere near as bad as the original car we both test drove back in September 2022, to delivery in Mar 23 and it had been toned down. I pick up an ER next week and will be interested to see if it has been adjusted down again.
The ideal scenario would be for us all to pester the dealer service manager to request an update from MG to add 2 profiles, so that 2 drivers can setup their preferred configuration and chose before setting off.
My sons ID3 had this added via an OTA update about 4 months ago, even our work 18 month old Hyundai ioniq Electrics and now 3 year old Niro PHEV have this as Std.

It is probably a useful feature on motorways and A roads but I find it positively dangerous on local Nottinghamshire country roads. I turn it off but, if I forget, I run the danger of being thrown into the potholes on the edge of our narrow country lanes. It depends on what roads you are on whether you need to turn it off or not. The most annoying thing is that you the default is always on so starting a journey - turn off LKA, change power settings, have a hassle getting DAB to come on - feels like doing pre-flight checks in an aircraft!!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back