MG4 Android auto not responding or hearing my voice

Also tried to revoke microphone autorisation it make a red screen error 17 at startup ( on the phone)
On my mg zs ev ( not mg4 ) the last time it was working great was on the previous firmware..
It s just since i activate coolwalk it s look like the best and only way to enjoy a modern ride

Omg it is now working !

Found the solution on this forum on zs ev section ( should be pinned !)

I first deactivate the "hello mg" feature on setting. Unplug , replug the phone
After that android auto voice command were not working at all .

I reactivate and deactivate hello mg.

Unplug replug
Start android auto and yeah !!

Also tried to revoke microphone autorisation it make a red screen error 17 at startup ( on the phone)
On my mg zs ev ( not mg4 ) the last time it was working great was on the previous firmware..
It s just since i activate coolwalk it s look like the best and only way to enjoy a modern ride

Omg it is now working !

Unplug replug
If members can confirm this works for them then I will add it to hints and tips

AA voice commands only work for me when the vehicle is stationary

Omg it is now working !

Unplug replug
Great news!

As you reactivate and then deactivate Hello MG, does this leave Hello MG deactivated or does that work too?

I think he means deactivate Hello MG, then reactivate it? (I agree that it doesn't scan very well).

Presumably this would only be a Trophy fix? (I'm not aware of any Hello MG option on the SE).

I think he means deactivate Hello MG, then reactivate it? (I agree that it doesn't scan very well).

Presumably this would only be a Trophy fix? (I'm not aware of any Hello MG option on the SE).
So on my Trophy if i disable Hello MG, unplug and insert it works.... but if I re-enable Hello MG it stops working. So I guess i'll just leave it off unless someone can figure out how both work together.

I did try enabling it again, unplug and re-insert etc but didnt work if MG Hello thing is re-enabled.

So on my Trophy if i disable Hello MG, unplug and insert it works.... but if I re-enable Hello MG it stops working. So I guess i'll just leave it off unless someone can figure out how both work together.

I did try enabling it again, unplug and re-insert etc but didnt work if MG Hello thing is re-enabled.
same behavior here on my MG ZS EV. both can't work at the same time unless parked

So it would seem an incompatibility with Hello MG operating alongside...Sounds like a manufacturer fix by software to me. Anyone have any idea how we can lobby for a bug fix?
Only by owners reporting it through dealerships...MG UK will not listen via any other source

Same as other here. Voice commands in my MG4 Trophy with both Android Auto and 'Hello MG' just don't work. Have worked intermittently in the past but seem to have stopped completely now. Also the sound options seem to be inflexible e.g. cannot have voice directions active in Google Maps and have the DAB radio working at the same time. Also, Google Maps voice directions sometimes just stop or become intermittent for no reason.

Same as other here. Voice commands in my MG4 Trophy with both Android Auto and 'Hello MG' just don't work. Have worked intermittently in the past but seem to have stopped completely now. Also the sound options seem to be inflexible e.g. cannot have voice directions active in Google Maps and have the DAB radio working at the same time. Also, Google Maps voice directions sometimes just stop or become intermittent for no reason.
I have the same issue with voice giudance from AA being intermittent. I noticed that I usually get a loud warning sound but no message at all then the music goes low as if google is trying to give directions but this no directions. Only unplugging and plugging back fixes it. Have you had any luck so far with a permanent fix?

I have the same issue with voice giudance from AA being intermittent. I noticed that I usually get a loud warning sound but no message at all then the music goes low as if google is trying to give directions but this no directions. Only unplugging and plugging back fixes it. Have you had any luck so far with a permanent fix?
The issue seemed to stop after it went to the dealer for the door locking recall update.

The issue seemed to stop after it went to the dealer for the door locking recall update.
Oh thank you for this info. I have just been to the dealer today for the SCUK001 recall (not sure what is included in this update) but I'll keep an eye on it to see if things have changed.

I think this is sort of related...could it ever be possible to map the assistant button on the steering wheel to trigger the Android Auto assistant instead of MG?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back