MG4 Android auto not responding or hearing my voice

Hello all,

Have my MG4 standard for 2 weeks now but can't get my android auto working. Have the right cable, did try some, but systeem keeps telling that i have to make the connection with usb-cable.
My phone is connected so that's not the problem.
My dealer does not respond to my call's. very irritating.
Is there a solution.
See picture (dutch lang. )
Greetings
GJW

Attachments

• 20240416_102725.jpg
    20240416_102725.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Is your cable plugged in to the front USB A port in the car? (This is the only port that supports AA/CarPlay).

By that do you mean it is charging, or does it interact with the car in some other way ( not including Bluetooth or the app) ?
It's chargin. Phone has message that it's connected to android auto, bluetooth workin fine with phone and spotify.

I'm pretty sure mine did the same for a short while. As is often the case, you stumble around changing settings etc and something makes it work, but you never find which bit actually made the difference (or maybe I've simply forgotten). 🤷‍♂️

I would check the privacy settings on the car first.

It's less likely, but I would then make sure all permissions are fully allowed on both android auto and Google maps. I know that if Google maps location is set to 'allow only while using the app' it used to have very weird effects for example.

Before trying even less likely things like checking Google play services permissions are all on or clearing the cache of those apps, I would try another device if possible to rule out the phone.

I'm pretty sure mine did the same for a short while. As is often the case, you stumble around changing settings etc and something makes it work, but you never find which bit actually made the difference (or maybe I've simply forgotten). 🤷‍♂️

I would check the privacy settings on the car first.

It's less likely, but I would then make sure all permissions are fully allowed on both android auto and Google maps. I know that if Google maps location is set to 'allow only while using the app' it used to have very weird effects for example.

Before trying even less likely things like checking Google play services permissions are all on or clearing the cache of those apps, I would try another device if possible to rule out the phone.
Thx for the tips, used them all, other phone, nothing. I go back to the dealer.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back