Annoying delay when getting in to drive

Huh? You do realise that this is the MG4 forum, yes? (How an HS PHEV responds is irrelevant to this thread - the MG4 doesn't have any gears*).

* Yes, it has a reduction gearbox - pedants can 😛

Any one else having issues waiting for the car to wake up fully before selecting drive? Guess I was a bit spoilt with a Tesla a few times and assumed the mg4 would be similar. I tend to do lots of short school run type trips.
When I get in and press the peddle it will not let me select forward or reverse. I have to release the peddle. Wait a bit and then press again, if I do it to soon I don’t get the ready notice and have to sometimes lock and Unlock the car again and do the startup procedure slower. Feels clunky.
Mine has been doing this…I was actually starting to think there’s some sort of glitch because it only happens when I’ve had to stop it charging and remove the charging cable. I feel like there’s some combination of unlock-car-stop-charging-remove-power-cable-start-car that results in me having to start all over again. I just can’t figure out what it is!

Even the king cant work it out, MG5 not MG4, but same software mess.

Hopefully mg can poach some Tesla employees and sort it out, I know the Chinese are offering RAF pilots £250k a year to train their pilots... so similar gig for Tesla software people. When they are don enter ether can move to VW and fix up their software.

Even the king cant work it out, MG5 not MG4, but same software mess.

Hopefully mg can poach some Tesla employees and sort it out, I know the Chinese are offering RAF pilots £250k a year to train their pilots... so similar gig for Tesla software people. When they are don enter ether can move to VW and fix up their software.

Apparently, Bjorn was given a pre-production car and was told he had to start the charge from the car's infotainment screen. He didn't do that.

Manufacturers should not be giving non-standard cars out for review, full-stop. If Bjorn had reported that it all worked perfectly (by following the workaround) and then we all suffered non-functional software how would we feel?

I must be on a pre production car as well, must be 20 faults or so on my list, things like can’t charge at grid serve, car doesn’t always charge over night on the timer, the app does not show current information, lights just stay on sometimes after leaving and locking the car, mg pilot will just drive into oncoming traffic, yesterday the emergency breaking function happened twice. Once driving towards the sunset, once reversing in a car park, getting in the car it won’t go into drive or reverse until the break has been pumped a few times after leaving some amount of time to pass, pressing the star on the steering wheel to bring up climate controls and then pressing up or down after the temp controls have timed out - it starts controlling both the temp and the music at the same time, auto headlights are laggy, indication ticking noise does not work if another alert is playing, Like seatbelt reminder.

I’m sure a production vehicle should not have these types of issues.

That's a good list. Have you found a mechanism to ensure it's being fed back to mg for their software developers?

That's a good list. Have you found a mechanism to ensure it's being fed back to mg for their software developers?
no, I should probably formalise and feed back to dealer I guess ? or that mg email address people have mentioned. In reality, I get the feeling they will be forced to fix what they can over the next 6 months so I dont mind waiting, im sure they know all this stuff from other people.
its not all negative though, I do enjoy driving it :)

no, I should probably formalise and feed back to dealer I guess ? or that mg email address people have mentioned. In reality, I get the feeling they will be forced to fix what they can over the next 6 months so I dont mind waiting, im sure they know all this stuff from other people.
its not all negative though, I do enjoy driving it :)
It might be well worth speaking to your dealer anyway, make sure you're both singing from the same hymn sheet and that they, and MG, are actually aware of those issues. I get the impression it's a matter of not leaving anything to chance and never presume anything when it comes to MG :ROFLMAO:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back