Anything good on AliExpress?

Off topic - is that Washington, Tyne & Wear? (The G Maps link in your profile goes to Washington State, USA).

I used to live in Birtley (before I became an ex-pat and moved to Scotland). :)

@Wadda

I have both an iPhone 15 Pro Max and an iPhone 13 Pro. Wifey uses a Pixel 6

When only one phone is paired, either using CarPlay or Android Auto, it just works! No disconnections, no glitches, no freezes…

I just set an extra 20 second delay before AA/CP kicks in, in order to ensure the infotainment is fully started up. This brings the total boot time to about 1 minute.

However, when multiple devices are paired, it freezes every now and then on startup, so I stick to one device only.
It’s like mine has a mind of its own. I wish it was just consistent. I only have one phone paired to it. I have tried alsorts. WiFi off, disconnected watch from Bluetooth.

I may add the start up delay again. See if that makes any difference.

My current settings…

Attachments

• IMG_1143.jpeg
    IMG_1143.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 86
Fairly easy ... as long as you have a right-angled screwdriver. (The kit I bought came with an L-shaped tool). If you're bothered to remove the wheels then it's even easier.
I used my 1/4" ratchet with a 6mm (IIRC) socket with a pozidrive bit in it.

@Wadda

I have both an iPhone 15 Pro Max and an iPhone 13 Pro. Wifey uses a Pixel 6

When only one phone is paired, either using CarPlay or Android Auto, it just works! No disconnections, no glitches, no freezes…

I just set an extra 20 second delay before AA/CP kicks in, in order to ensure the infotainment is fully started up. This brings the total boot time to about 1 minute.

However, when multiple devices are paired, it freezes every now and then on startup, so I stick to one device only.
Found it!

I’m thinking of getting a set of mud flaps for my mg4 are these listed on this thread standard fit and do they actually do the job ok and not look “tacky”

Also the Apple CarPlay device to allow wireless connection, are they actually worth the cost?

Is wireless car play worth it? Or to put it another way, is a wired connection so hard to accept? I’m going to live with wired for a bit.
Personally I like the wired charging over wireless but I DO get a black screen from time to time while driving that necessitates an unplug and re plug of the phone. But I wonder if that’d persist with wireless and just mean unplugging and re plugging the wireless receiver box instead which may be more fiddly.

Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto doesn't offer any additional features compared to its wired counterpart. You can certainly live without it!

However, having to retrieve your phone from your pocket or your bag and then plug it in can become somewhat cumbersome when you start your car multiple times a day.

The wired connection always performed flawlessly with CarPlay. Initially, we also encountered a black screen issue with AndroidAuto, but it was resolved by removing all paired devices from the infotainment system and reinstalling AndroidAuto on the device.

I’m thinking of getting a set of mud flaps for my mg4 are these listed on this thread standard fit and do they actually do the job ok and not look “tacky”

Also the Apple CarPlay device to allow wireless connection, are they actually worth the cost?
See video in Post in thread 'Mud flaps'
They are the Aliexpress ones.
Mud flaps

It’s like mine has a mind of its own. I wish it was just consistent. I only have one phone paired to it. I have tried alsorts. WiFi off, disconnected watch from Bluetooth.

I may add the start up delay again. See if that makes any difference.
The cheap one I bought off eBay has been flawless so far when it comes to connectivity and only one little bug and that's with dark mode on maps. I have it set as dark mode all the time and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but turn off the auto lights then back on it goes to dark mode. Apart from that it's been a great £30 investment..

The cheap one I bought off eBay has been flawless so far when it comes to connectivity and only one little bug and that's with dark mode on maps. I have it set as dark mode all the time and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but turn off the auto lights then back on it goes to dark mode. Apart from that it's been a great £30 investment..
Which one is it that you bought? How long does it take from turning car on to carplay being ready to use on the screen?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back