Apple CarPlay connection issues

I had this issue for a while and i found that turning off the bluetooth on the car seems to have fixed it. Not sure if it was trying to connect twice. Hope this helps

For CarPlay do you have to connect to the left hand USB A socket ?

I can’t seem to get USB C side to work for CarPlay

I bought a 50cm original MFi Lightning Apple cable (at an Apple Store 😭) for my iPhone
before I even got delivery of the car because I knew I needed a stable satnav (I have an SE SR) and have had 100% stable connection so far.

I too have disabled the Bluetooth connection but never had connectivity issues, I simply didn’t want the phone to be connected unless wired in.

Also I didn’t buy the iPhone 15 because I was worried that as Apple was switching the connector to USB-C, if for whatever reason there was some incompatibility I just could not risk it, so I bought the 14 at a discount the day the 15 was announced.

Pulling my hair out with wireless Apple CarPlay via the Carlinkit 5.0 adaptor. It will connect then disconnect multiple times, without actually letting me use Apple CarPlay and the main screen on the car will go blank (black), then sometimes it will connect straight the way with no issues.

I have two iPhones paired to the CarlinKit.

I am finding this very frustrating, does anyone have any suggestions.

Pulling my hair out with wireless Apple CarPlay via the Carlinkit 5.0 adaptor. It will connect then disconnect multiple times, without actually letting me use Apple CarPlay and the main screen on the car will go blank (black), then sometimes it will connect straight the way with no issues.

I have two iPhones paired to the CarlinKit.

I am finding this very frustrating, does anyone have any suggestions.
I found that if you enter the settings mode (entering the ip ( if I remember it correctly it’s 192.168.50.2) and change to only CarPlay it’s 100% of the time connect in just few sec

I was having this issue with the carlinkit 4.0. I went into the settings and changed the Wi-Fi channel to a less used one. This seems to have fixed it as there is less interference there. Cant remember which channel I changed it to, but it was whatever Google told me to do…

Used to drop out all the time, now it’s once in a blue moon.

I found that if you enter the settings mode (entering the ip ( if I remember it correctly it’s 192.168.50.2) and change to only CarPlay it’s 100% of the time connect in just few sec
Hiya, tried this but still the same. Thanks anyway.

I was having this issue with the carlinkit 4.0. I went into the settings and changed the Wi-Fi channel to a less used one. This seems to have fixed it as there is less interference there. Cant remember which channel I changed it to, but it was whatever Google told me to do…

Used to drop out all the time, now it’s once in a blue moon.
I changed the WiFi channel but still doing the same whilst i was testing it

After 4 months of perfect wired AppleCarPlay connection (no wireless carlink) I am now occasionally finding it takes a few attempts to connect. I have to unplug and plug back in. Once connected it stays connected thankfully but not sure why it should just start now having had no updates or anything 🙄

I don't have an iPhone, but reading previous posts it is recommended to turn off the Bluetooth connection - just use the WiFi connection.

After 4 months of perfect wired AppleCarPlay connection (no wireless carlink) I am now occasionally finding it takes a few attempts to connect. I have to unplug and plug back in.
Give the phone's port a clean out. It can accumulate dust and fluff and begin to interfere with the connections.

My permanent fix and recommendation is to buy the Anker branded iPhone cable from Amazon. I had a lot of issues for the first few months of owning the MG4 and the slightest bump in the road was enough to disconnect the phone. I do a 100 mile round trip to work so not being able to connect my phone was going to be a deal breaker. After a lot of research and inconsistent messages with some saying cheap cables were the issue and others saying it was genuine Apple cables that was the problem, I found that universally, anyone who used the Anker cable said it resolved the problem and the same stood true for me - I’ve had absolutely perfect connections since using this wire with maybe one drop out in 8 months. None of this making sure the phone is unlocked, Bluetooth on and Mars is aligned with Saturn nonsense.

Good evening everyone, I wonder if any of you will be able to help. I have already done some searching, but can’t find anything concrete on this topic.

I am having some problems connecting my iPhone to the MG4 to use Apple CarPlay. It currently seems to be totally hit and miss - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Here are the details:

• Apple iPhone 13 mini
  • Tried using 2 different genuine Apple Lightning cables, and 1 cheap cable, connected using the USB-A port.
  • When plugging in the phone, the Apple CarPlay icon on the MG4 screen momentarily turns white, then greys out again.
  • If I try to press the greyed-out button, a message, “Reconnect, retry after authorization” appears on the screen.
  • The “Allow CarPlay While Locked” options is active in the iPhone‘s settings.
  • Sometimes it works first time, and on other occasions it takes 5+ attempts of plugging in/unplugging the phone before it’ll work (very frustrating!)
  • Phone always charges, even if it doesn’t connect to CarPlay.
Has anyone else experienced this issue? Which cables have you used? Has anybody managed to solve the problem?

Thanks very much.
I hear you. Both me & my wife have problems. It’s shocking tbh especially after wireless carplay in my last car. We have also had problems with iPhone cables packing up that were excellent quality prior to our MG4s, at one point when I got the iphone 15 pro max (usb c) my Mrs bought me 2 new cables & the first lasted 2 weeks 😵‍💫. So I gave up & bought a wireless dongle off Ali express (birthday pressie £28), the dongle is so much better but instead of auto connecting on start up it does pick up my phone but I have to unplug/plug back in & boom its on. Ive got a switch on the way to minimalise wear on the cars socket. I hoped by now MG would have sorted out the mickey mouse software, but I still love my car.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back