Bad day. Battery drop from 13% to 1%.

In 3 hours, the traction battery would cool down, thus changing all the readings. It happened to me once, but I was at home when I noticed it.
Yes I've had this happen last weekend, finished the journey (temperature 4 degrees) at 13% and 2 hours later the car said 3% when the temperature had fallen to 2 degrees and the battery had cooled down. This is normal battery chemistry and nothing to worry about unless you are not very close to a charger!

Yes I've had this happen last weekend, finished the journey (temperature 4 degrees) at 13% and 2 hours later the car said 3% when the temperature had fallen to 2 degrees and the battery had cooled down. This is normal battery chemistry and nothing to worry about unless you are not very close to a charger!
Thank you for the info. Glad to know there is nothing wrong with the car or the battery.
If I had 3%, it would be enough for me to drive to the charger. Unfortunately, with 1%, it didn't even let me change to "R" and "D" gear. Lesson learned. Will avoid to having the battery lower than 20% especially during the cold winter.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom