Battery capacity and poor range

I'd hardly call it a dieselgate.

The hardcoded degradation is reset at service (where it can be accurately measured) to actual degradation anyway, so it's not as if there is anything underhanded going on.
Sound dodgy to me. It’s like accountants have 2 books to frig the numbers. Why would MG have one set of books and users who can access the OBD another number.
Sounds like GM who frigged the numbers on the Bolt. That didn’t end well.

Sound dodgy to me. It’s like accountants have 2 books to frig the numbers. Why would MG have one set of books and users who can access the OBD another number.
Sounds like GM who frigged the numbers on the Bolt. That didn’t end well.
There aren't two sets of numbers.

I think you've misunderstood it.

Have you tried doing a slow 6-8a AC charge with equalization. A runaway cell may cause an apparant loss of capacity
Yes. Most days it’s slow charged (7kw) with about 4 hours equalisation at 300 watts. Results are the same with the MG supplied charger.
Rapid charge is rare.

Last edited:
Yes. Most days it’s slow charged (7kw) with about 4 hours equalisation at 300 amps. Results are the same with the MG supplied charger.
Rapid charge is rare.
There is no way you are at 300amps on your 7kw charger.

That would be 72kw at 240V.

True. 300 watts. That’s the level that equalisation step down to for about 4 hours.
If that happens every charge you definitely have a cell that is not reacting to the balance charge and is naff and needs replacing the battery only as good as its weakest so cell

If that happens every charge you definitely have a cell that is not reacting to the balance charge and is naff and needs replacing the battery only as good as its weakest so cell
Thanks for advice. This and many other things confirm battery is knackered. But MG will not accept it.
I get BS answers like the battery will take months to equalise after a rapid charge / after BMS update.
I also get BS that the diagnostic say battery is SOH 96% so nothing wrong.
Once again this Blog knows more than MG.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom