Blinded by the price!

To be fair an SR M3 has plenty performance and a LR is only .6 sec slower than an X Power.
I compared the two most comparable models performance wise using my salary sacrifice.
Someone then compared something different.
Cleared up now though.

Just checked and long range awd on salary sacrifice is £555. £200 more a month than XPower with lesser performance as you pointed out.

Last edited:
I compared the two most comparable models performance wise using my salary sacrifice.
Cleared up now though.

Just checked and long range awd on salary sacrifice is £555. £200 more a month than XPower with lesser performance as you pointed out.
How are you finding your X power so far?

Cleared up now though.

I'd hardly call .6 sec lesser performance, it also has a higher topend and a massively superior range.the performance is 0.6 secs the other way (quicker) so either car could be compared in terms of performance,
as the M3 performance does 0-60 in about 3.1 sec and north of 160 mph it probably a better comparison with the LR and the X power.

Again I agree it's more expensive but as has been said it's a far superior car although the similarities stop at roughly the same 0-60 times, as I said earlier not comparable in any way

Last edited:
yAs I’ve said before, a slightly used Tesla model 3 performance.
Just as fast, no yearly servicing costs, legendary reliability, great customer service, super chargers etc.
Really anyone buying an MG instead of this is mad.
I get that other ways of purchasing favour the MG though, Tesla let themselves down in terms of PCP for example.
Giving Musk a single penny would hurt.

I'd hardly call .6 sec lesser performance, it also has a higher topend and a massively superior range.the performance is 0.6 secs the other way (quicker) so either car could be compared in terms of performance,
as the M3 performance does 0-60 in about 3.1 sec and north of 160 mph it probably a better comparison with the LR and the X power.

Again I agree it's more expensive but as has been said it's a far superior car although the similarities stop at roughly the same 0-60 times, as I said earlier not comparable in any way
None of this really matters - compare with whatever you want for whatever reason you want to justify your argument / agenda / make you feel better about spending more / blindly support your forum clique.
I’d never have any Tesla, they literally do nothing for me, the comparison was based upon folk saying the Tesla is vastly superior to the MG4 in a thread where the title is blinded by the price. It should be vastly superior - it’s vastly more expensive is the point.

This place is random - car communities always have their quirks but the MG4 one seems to have a lot of folk hanging around with a “my new car is better than my old car” chip on their shoulder story that gets regurgitated often. It’s all very playground politics.
Whereby there is a definite need to discuss previous issues and resolution it goes too far with any positivity from potential new buyers rounded upon and shot down. Some must have had really terrible experiences that have created irrational vendettas towards a brand, their new car community has nothing to it or they literally nothing else to do with their lives.
Bizarre place.

Last edited:
I'm not justifying any agenda or argument or trying to make myself feel better, I have already said I wouldn't have any of the current Tesla models on more than one occasion.
I am however allowed to comment on a conversation, not started by me, with my opinion, on the subject being discussed.

If people make comments comparing cars there is of course going to be debate back and forwards about the merits of both, this has happened with numerous cars and numerous times with Tesla's, it's because as many people more knowledgeable than us have said they are the benchmark.

Slagging people for playing playground politics or having chips on the shoulder or nothing in their life doesn't help your case much It's worse behaviour than what you are complaining about, nobody attacked you personally, they just had a different opinion.

you can say what you like but I certainly believe this is one of the better forums, and it's because it's not just full of people blowing smoke up each others arses about how their bargain EV is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It for the most part is full of people who are very knowledgeable, in relation to the MG4 and EVs in general and have a genuine interest in discussing their car's and helping others with issues with theirs. Of which there have been many!

Just my tuppence worth, as people have been quick to point out to myself and others in the past if you don't like it here why come. Would be your loss though as MGs come with foibles and this place has much more collective knowledge than most dealers.

I'm not justifying any agenda or argument or trying to make myself feel better, I have already said I wouldn't have any of the current Tesla models on more than one occasion.
I am however allowed to comment on a conversation, not started by me, with my opinion, on the subject being discussed.

If people make comments comparing cars there is of course going to be debate back and forwards about the merits of both, this has happened with numerous cars and numerous times with Tesla's, it's because as many people more knowledgeable than us have said they are the benchmark.

Slagging people for playing playground politics or having chips on the shoulder or nothing in their life doesn't help your case much It's worse behaviour than what you are complaining about, nobody attacked you personally, they just had a different opinion.

you can say what you like but I certainly believe this is one of the better forums, and it's because it's not just full of people blowing smoke up each others arses about how their bargain EV is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It for the most part is full of people who are very knowledgeable, in relation to the MG4 and EVs in general and have a genuine interest in discussing their car's and helping others with issues with theirs. Of which there have been many!

Just my tuppence worth, as people have been quick to point out to myself and others in the past if you don't like it here why come. Would be your loss though as MGs come with foibles and this place has much more collective knowledge than most dealers.
^^^^^^^^ no chip on these shoulders.

Some must have had really terrible experiences that have created irrational vendettas towards a brand, their new car community has nothing to it or they literally nothing else to do with their lives.
Bizarre place.
Some have had terrible experiences. And it is useful to hear how they are getting on with their next car.

Just because I bought my first MG this time does not mean I will be buying MG next time.

Some have had terrible experiences. And it is useful to hear how they are getting on with their next car.

Just because I bought my first MG this time does not mean I will be buying MG next time.
Yup that would be me, terrible experience, worst in my life (MG spain), of the car, nope, as never got to own it, but the customer service just got to the end my more than 10 month pacience with just lie after lie and the total indifference.

Now the tesla has come down in price and I am paying cash, there is not that much difference in the price and that is for me with my pre price rise mg4 luxury order for somebody now ordering, there would be nothing in it.

Having now driven it, I agree with @Leni16 I think it is overall a far superior car and so far, only 7 days of course, customer service is like night and day, with tesla being the day. I ordered the old model 3 but have been told i can have the new version when it comes in Oct/Nov. So we will see.

Some must have had really terrible experiences that have created irrational vendettas towards a brand, their new car community has nothing to it or they literally nothing else to do with their lives.
My experience was terrible, the worst I’ve had by a country mile for a new car. I don’t see any “irrational vendettas“ in this forum, I do see much valuable discussion and debate between current, past and future owners. I also perceive sensitivity from some MG4 fans who seem to take any criticism of the brand/model as a personal attack. Most though are here for reasoned discussion and sometimes a bit of tongue in cheek fun.

I don’t find this forum a “bizarre place”, that statement seems somewhat irrational.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back