Blinded by the price!

I give up - you obviously know far more than me. 🙄 (That's sarcasm BTW)
Of course, I would have expected that. It's odd that the judge and many other knowledgeable people have found the same as me dont you think?

PS:
You do understand what "non-conforming" means, yes? 🙄
Oh dear, it's a shame you have to deteriorate into insults and sarcasm, but whatever. I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong :)

Have a great day siteguru (interesting username, self appointed?)

I just wanted to add a cautionary note against the "I know my rights!" brigade ... most of the time they don't, but shouting gets them their way. ;)
No shouting, just a few letters and then the summons. Documentation is key, never by phone, if it's not written it was never said.

Hence me laughing at the comment “a quick visit to court” earlier in the thread.
No such thing, daft comment from whomever said it.
It was me that said it, a kind of off the cuff remark maybe but daft no. In the case of my TV, a couple of letters followed by the court docs then 1/2hour or so in court and the jobs done. I feel 1/2 hour in court is aptly referred to by me as a quick visit.

It was me that said it, a kind of off the cuff remark maybe but daft no. In the case of my TV, a couple of letters followed by the court docs then 1/2hour or so in court and the jobs done. I feel 1/2 hour in court is aptly referred to by me as a quick visit.
The visit might be quick but the preparation and research for someone unfamiliar with the process will not be.

I respect your experience doing this, it probably is quick with your knowledge and experience and the message that you seem to be giving is: "It isn't as hard as you think".

Spirited discussion, an observation would be..

Good luck with getting MG to fix things out with warranty, they don't want to fix things that are covered under warranty.

People can complain as much as they like, I wouldn't hold my breath on MG covering the cost of a repair not covered by warranty

The visit might be quick but the preparation and research for someone unfamiliar with the process will not be.

I respect your experience doing this, it probably is quick with your knowledge and experience and the message that you seem to be giving is: "It isn't as hard as you think".
That’s a fair assessment, the main thing is a diary of events and don’t be intimidated.

Spirited discussion, an observation would be..

Good luck with getting MG to fix things out with warranty, they don't want to fix things that are covered under warranty.

People can complain as much as they like, I wouldn't hold my breath on MG covering the cost of a repair not covered by warranty
Hopefully I won’t need to test it out 😊

Hopefully I won’t need to test it out 😊
Fingers crossed but stuff starts dropping of after a couple of months then again after a year, as you say hopefully you don't need to find out

As I’ve said before, a slightly used Tesla model 3 performance.
Just as fast, no yearly servicing costs, legendary reliability, great customer service, super chargers etc.
Really anyone buying an MG instead of this is mad.
I get that other ways of purchasing favour the MG though, Tesla let themselves down in terms of PCP for example.
Everyone I know who has or has owned a Tesla has hated them, including build quality and customer service. Panel gaps, cheap interiors and everything controlled through that screen. Both cars also have performance that you will never be able to use. Just silly!

Everyone I know who has or has owned a Tesla has hated them, including build quality and customer service. Panel gaps, cheap interiors and everything controlled through that screen. Both cars also have performance that you will never be able to use. Just silly!
Everyone I know who has owned a 2021+ model year Tesla loves their cars, build quality improved massively over the American cars, no issues with panel gaps, screen takes a little bit of getting used to but works and Tesla rangers when needed have been outstanding.
MG customer service is hopeless and has been evidenced beyond doubt on here so wouldn't even attempt to compare it to other marks.
Still not the car for me at the minute but could change in the future, with the planned smaller car.

Everyone I know who has owned a 2021+ model year Tesla loves their cars, build quality improved massively over the American cars, no issues with panel gaps, screen takes a little bit of getting used to but works and Tesla rangers when needed have been outstanding.
MG customer service is hopeless and has been evidenced beyond doubt on here so wouldn't even attempt to compare it to other marks.
Still not the car for me at the minute but could change in the future, with the planned smaller car.

MG4 is the biggest pile of 💩… it just drives nice. My fault really wanted a EV and the reviews are good, but obviously should not have trusted the reviews. Stuck with it for 3 years now then I’ll pay that’s little bit more and get a real EV a Tesla

But the Tesla Model 3 looks awful, seriously dull car. I’ve yet to speak to one owner yet who likes their car. I was intending to rent a Model Y this summer but one of my neighbours who owns a 72 plate swayed me even further as he hates his car with a passion and is already getting rid of it. I would suggest the Chinese built Teslas are better quality as most US built cars are notoriously noted for their poor build quality. Having said that I really don’t like the look of the MG4 either. And despite its poor reliability for me I had no issue in getting the ZS repaired under warranty.

Tesla looks are a bit marmite, not a fan of the Y don't mind the 3 but don't want a saloon. Project Highland revamp should improve the 3's looks.
I think the mg4 looks really good front on but from the rear wings back I'm not a fan but each to their own

Spot the difference between the old and the new Model 3
1693546038175.png
1693546226238.png

Hint... The new revamped one is red.

Front end has changed completely, tech has been improved. biggest changes are how it's built less pieces far more efficient way of building the car, apparently making it cheaper to build and more streamlined

Matt Watson and Robert Lewellyn have done reviews of the facelifted cars, still might not be to everyone's taste, but is on another level in terms of tech and quality.

SR now gets 346 miles of range out of a 60kwh lfp battery
LR dual motor is now 423 miles, also with the same battery original lr) very impressive figures and according to Matt Watson no price rises.

Last edited:
Wow, massive improvement. Have they added some physical controls inside rather than all touchscreen?
All touchscreen and no stalks anymore, the touch screen has always worked and according to Matt Watson the new one is more responsive again.
Software has always been a strong point a few manufacturers could learn a thing or two from Tesla's software

It would appear so from the video

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel