Bluetooth phone dialing not working

I've edited all my contacts and dropped the +31. But now most contacts are in the contacts list twice. I unpaired the car and phone, even changed the car's name, but still it keeps coming with the old contacts, starting with the invalid 31. And the infuriating thing is that the call-history list is perfect, and does contain the +31; so calling people back works OK. This is a very strange software bug. It's a pity that there's no way to notify the MG people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've edited all my contacts and dropped the +31. But now most contacts are in the contacts list twice. I unpaired the car and phone, even changed the car's name, but still it keeps coming with the old contacts, starting with the invalid 31. And the infuriating thing is that the call-history list is perfect, and does contain the +31; so calling people back works OK. This is a very strange software bug. It's a pity that there's no way to notify the MG people.
Yep same problem here. 2 contacts after correcting the contacts to a way MG understands. Least i know its not just me now a few people confirming same issue.

My car is a Trophy. Everytime it went to the workshop, it came back with more problems. I complained about this and they upgraded and reconfigured the software. Most of the problems have disappeared. The warning about tyre issues still exists though. And anything that uses the front windscreen camera doesn't work. But overall, much better experience.

Thanks. It is good to know they at least fixed something. But they clearly haven't finished their work.
Tyre warnings: that's low pressure despite being above the minimum?
An surely they will replace the camera unit?

Edit:
Any idea of the software version of the infotainment system?

Last edited:
They promised to replace the camera unit. And have checked the tyres. The tyres are fine. All of the car's tyres are the same pressure. They think it is a software bug.

What annoys me at the moment is the aircon screen opening every time the car starts. I am more of a set the aircon and only change when necessary kind of person. Now I have to close that screen before I can do anything else.

Entertainment System version
SWI68-29958-1300R46

They promised to replace the camera unit. And have checked the tyres. The tyres are fine. All of the car's tyres are the same pressure. They think it is a software bug.

What annoys me at the moment is the aircon screen opening every time the car starts. I am more of a set the aircon and only change when necessary kind of person. Now I have to close that screen before I can do anything else.

Entertainment System version
SWI68-29958-1300R46
Weird. I have the same one as you do. Either the + bug has a separate fix from the infotainment system, or something weird is going on.

I could be wrong, but there is also module software for Bluetooth. And that might be where the issue is. The first time they tried to fix it, they upgraded "software" but it didn't fix the problem and the phone started needing to be repaired sometimes when I started the car. The entertainment system software was not changed at this point.

Now that they have changed the entertainment software it "seems" to be working better. So it might be that there are two sets of software to change to fix Bluetooth issues. Or on the other hand, the problem could still be lurking in the shadows.

I have said it before and I will say it again. You buy Chinese, and you get Chinese quality.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 517 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back