BMS Version is there a better one available

I'm still on the original BMS, 1 year old, done 11500 miles, and it just started to drop below 100% a few weeks ago. Think it's around 99.7ish% at present.
So that would be contrary to @Zoomy fun facts then.

Fun fact: until the latest BMS, the SoH did not fall below 100%, almost as if they forgot to put that functionality in the ECU.

So that would be contrary to @Zoomy fun facts then.
That's the first time I've seen that and if true, you could deduce the SoH algorithm against the overstressed cells on the stock BMS is still different to that now on a comparable mileage.

That's the first time I've seen that and if true, you could deduce the SoH algorithm against the overstressed cells on the stock BMS is still different to that now on a comparable mileage.
If true ? Do you doubt the word of @macd2401 ? :)

Car is going in for its first service tomorrow, guessing the BMS update should be getting done. I'll see if I have time to get a full charge in the morning and get as much data as I can before I hand over the keys

My car's first service today. I'm on the 456v BMS. When I booked the car in I asked about an update to the BMS to be told any software service actions will be performed. If I remember correctly, Miles said there was a service action for the BMS. So, I'm interested to see if it's updated.

My car's first service today. I'm on the 456v BMS. When I booked the car in I asked about an update to the BMS to be told any software service actions will be performed. If I remember correctly, Miles said there was a service action for the BMS. So, I'm interested to see if it's updated.
Keep us informed !.

Keep us informed !.
Just back from picking up the car. According to the dealership owner a BMS update has been done. Infotainment has also been done (channel favourites re-initialised).

The service notes has....
BMS Update
DLDL
TL

Any ideas what that lot means!?

Will charge to 100% tonight and check the voltage tomorrow.

🤔

Just home after picking up the car. By their own admission, they were short staffed, so my car sat for around 6 hours before they even moved it from the parking bay. From my tracker data, it was in for around an hour, including a wash, hoover and video inspection confirming the wheels hadn't fallen off. Topped off the fluids though...

There's no way that's had any updates done (not that I'm sorry about that, the old BMS had been working just fine, same for the stereo). There's no check sheet, so once I get some food, I'll fire up the app and get some version numbers.

Just reinforces my dislike of trusting car work to techs.

Our car went in for its first service yesterday, just over 15,000 miles since February.
Everything ticked on the check service list, no SOH% recorded, but only paid £79.80 for the service so I'm happy with that!
I'll check out my software versions this weekend to see if anything has been changed, I'm not expecting it to have.

Our car went in for its first service yesterday, just over 15,000 miles since February.
Everything ticked on the check service list, no SOH% recorded, but only paid £79.80 for the service so I'm happy with that!
I'll check out my software versions this weekend to see if anything has been changed, I'm not expecting it to have.
£69.60 for our service! SOH @ 100%.

However, the dealership owner bemoaned the fact that they are only allowed to charge for 1 hour and this should include software updates which can sometimes take a lot longer. He stated that they are seriously considering charging separately for software updates. I told him that he would have to be upfront with customers about any costs when they book the service if that was the case.

He also told me that they have to pay for Morris the Bear!

Further update....

Charged the car to 100% including balance. Started with battery under no load.

GOM = 162 miles
Volts = 448v

So, looks like the BMS has been updated.

With regard to one of my previous posts on this subject, I think I have misread the service notes and DLDL should be DCDC (presumce DC to DC converter) and TL should be TC (?).

Hope this is of interest.

ps. On start up I still get the regen restricted message due to full battery.

Further update....

GOM = 162 miles
Volts = 448v

With regard to one of my previous posts on this subject, I think I have misread the service notes and DLDL should be DCDC (presumce DC to DC converter) and TL should be TC (?).

I get this now and again, but less often now.

Further update....

GOM = 162 miles
Volts = 448v

DCDC TC makes more sense.

I'm a bit surprised it's 448v, maybe after a few more charges/balances it'll be the more normal 449v.
Did they fill in your SOH on the service form, I presume you've lost a tiny bit thus your 162miles.

We've been on the new BMS for quite a while now, am getting more regen restricted recently, so I think it must be down to it being colder now.

DCDC TC makes more sense.

I'm a bit surprised it's 448v, maybe after a few more charges/balances it'll be the more normal 449v.
Did they fill in your SOH on the service form, I presume you've lost a tiny bit thus your 162miles.

We've been on the new BMS for quite a while now, am getting more regen restricted recently, so I think it must be down to it being colder now.
Yes, SOH = 100%. Car has done about 5750 miles during the year. A fair bit of DC charging via CPS free chargers.....have to admit. Will be AC charging mostly from now on as Octopus have finally got our smart meter working and we have moved on to the GO tariff.

Had my first service yesterday. Free from MG due to faulty BMS fix in January.

I told them I wanted infotainment update done and said I thought it was SA0020.

Took car in at 8.30am, took new long range demo car out and waited on update on when my car would be ready.

No update so took demo back at 1pm. Told my car was still on ramp getting a BMS update. Told them I was surprised as it already had the latest update to 449v in Jan. Didn't get car back until 3pm.

Put OBD dongle on today to compare software version on BMS and it's the same 1230621AO1

Forgot to take note of infotainment software version before service but showing now as

Sw version
ZS11_E_EU_NAV_31.10_210428R

Any idea what the new version is?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom