BMS Version is there a better one available

yes well there is a second hand car market unfortunately we can’t all afford brand new cars
Edit.. It could be that the battery isn’t fully balanced but I tend to agree that the SOH is no longer 100% but it’s not far off so I’ll take that 👍🏻
With SOH at 100%, GOM will show 163 mi after a full charge, even though the car isn’t fully balanced.

I think your battery SOH is no longer 100%.

With SOH at 100%, GOM will show 163 mi after a full charge, even though the car isn’t fully balanced.

I think your battery SOH is no longer 100%.
I have already come to that conclusion with my equation of 98.77% @rbpasapera 🤔🤔

Out of interest what do MG estimate the avg loss per year of the SOH of the battery pack to be I am sure I read somewhere that it’s estimated to be about 2% ???

Last edited:
I have already come to that conclusion with my equation of 98.77% @rbpasapera 🤔🤔

Out of interest what do MG estimate the avg loss per year of the SOH of the battery pack to be I am sure I read somewhere that it’s estimated to be about 2% ???
The initial loss in the SOH / % will be in the early stages of the batteries life, then % of decline will slow down in the following years is my understanding.
But there will be some loss / degradation in the battery as time moves on.
It will depend on a lot of factors, including how many rapid charges the car has received etc.
If you intend to keep the car for long time, then this maybe worth factoring in when you choose your EV.

Fun fact: until the latest BMS, the SoH did not fall below 100%, almost as if they forgot to put that functionality in the ECU.

The initial loss in the SOH / % will be in the early stages of the batteries life, then % of decline will slow down in the following years is my understanding.
But there will be some loss / degradation in the battery as time moves on.
It will depend on a lot of factors, including how many rapid charges the car has received etc.
If you intend to keep the car for long time, then this maybe worth factoring in when you choose your EV.
Yep I know there’s lots of different factors @Lovemyev and it’s % loss is more in the early stages just an average rough figure was what I was looking for never mind
😂😂🤔🤔🤔 sounds about right @Zoomy let’s ignore and pretend that doesn’t happen it’s a bit worrying though as to why you would leave that out

Anyone still on the original 456v BMS and can verify this claim ?
Yep, mine still showing 100% SOH after 15 months, although I've only done just over 3k miles.
I have had voltage readings between 455 and 456.25 (on the app), when fully charged and balanced, so I would guess it's the temperature that makes the difference.

Yep, mine still showing 100% SOH after 15 months, although I've only done just over 3k miles.
I have had voltage readings between 455 and 456.25 (on the app), when fully charged and balanced, so I would guess it's the temperature that makes the difference.
I’d imagine at only 3k miles you are on 100% SOH still.

Wow that’s only 200 miles a month you don’t drive very far do you I bet you don’t charge to 100% 😀😀

It’s not based purely on how many miles covered he’s not doing a lot of mileage and if the car is sat around for days at 100% for example that will affect the SOH there’s so many different factors that’s just 1
Yes, but from the data we've seen from cars it generally seems to be mileage rather than age that causes the SOH to decline.

It’s not based purely on how many miles covered he’s not doing a lot of mileage and if the car is sat around for days at 100% for example that will affect the SOH there’s so many different factors that’s just 1
I only do about 40 miles a week, but it is used every day.
I only charge it to 100% once every 4-5 weeks to balance the battery and it's usually in the evening so it gets left maybe 10-12 hours at most before I use it.
Most of my charging is at Tescos for free, when I go once or twice a week for some shopping. I usually go for some breakfast first and get, on average 1.5 hours worth on the 7kW charger, around 10kWh or about 35 miles usually.
Generally apart from my balance charge, the battery tends to be between roughly 50% and 75% most of the time. I'm not sure if this is as good as letting it get lower (20%) before topping it up or not, but it suits my usage.
I did once let it get down to the orange battery warning once, just to see when it came on, <30 miles left IIRC, but haven't gone right down to the red warning yet.

I only do about 40 miles a week, but it is used every day.
I only charge it to 100% once every 4-5 weeks to balance the battery and it's usually in the evening so it gets left maybe 10-12 hours at most before I use it.
Most of my charging is at Tescos for free, when I go once or twice a week for some shopping. I usually go for some breakfast first and get, on average 1.5 hours worth on the 7kW charger, around 10kWh or about 35 miles usually.
Generally apart from my balance charge, the battery tends to be between roughly 50% and 75% most of the time. I'm not sure if this is as good as letting it get lower (20%) before topping it up or not, but it suits my usage.
I did once let it get down to the orange battery warning once, just to see when it came on, <30 miles left IIRC, but haven't gone right down to the red warning yet.
Sounds like you’ve got it all sussed out buddy, when you do the equalisation have you checked the voltage & GOM ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom