BMS Version is there a better one available

Yes, but from the data we've seen from cars it generally seems to be mileage rather than age that causes the SOH to decline.
I would agree with that @JodyS21 .
Our car is almost two years old now and covered over 16,000 miles.
It has only had three "Splash and Dash" rapids of about 30 minutes each time.
I have been kind to the battery by only charging at home for about 99% of the time and charged to suit my usage needs.
Shorter trips charge between 50 to 100 miles and only fully charge for longer trips and then use the car within hours of charge finishing.
My predicted mileage / range reported on the GOM after a full charge and balance is now a predicted 155 miles in normal mode, with all trips reset and with a pack voltage of around 448 volts.
I do not have a OBD device, but I now estimate my true SOH at bang on the 95% mark.
So, as more miles and charging cycles racks up, I think you are going to see a reduction in range as the battery ages.
Of course, there is no way of predicting the rate of degradation in the future, but my guy feeling based on what I see, is around 2% ish each year IF the usage pattern continued at the same level.
If correct, the battery warranty is not likely to be challenged then !.
I have to admit, that although this small loss is completely of no consequence for us at all, this has got me thinking, that when choosing an EV that you intend keeping for a while, it maybe worth factoring in this small loss over time IF the car your are buying, will pushing the range of the pack from day one on a regular basis.
In other words, build in a bit of battery degradation into your calc's if your usage level is high and you intend to keep the car for a while.
Small usage pattern cases need not worry though, even with the standard pack, the margin in the pack is likely to be huge !.
I know from previous posts @JodyS21 that the bigger 72 kwh pack, that comes on the face lift model, will be right up your street.
A larger 64 Kwh pack would have been enough, but 72 kwh's is likely to be better than you had hoped for.
Like me, it's all down to the price and what magic Miles can come up with now 🤷‍♂️.

I'm similar to the above, but have had a few more rapids for a similar mileage off a launch model. 95%.

I've seen that the MK.I Leaf SoH is partly calculated by time, rather crude and wonder if that's the same here.

Last edited:
Sounds like you’ve got it all sussed out buddy, when you do the equalisation have you checked the voltage & GOM ?
Yes around 455V (455-456.25V shown on the app) and 162 miles on the GOM last time I charged it about two weeks ago.

Yes around 455V (455-456.25V shown on the app) and 162 miles on the GOM last time I charged it about two weeks ago.
99.38% SOH then hardly any loss so it looks like more miles on the clock equals a slightly higher loss not massively though I’ve got 15400 on the clock and I am 98.77

99.38% SOH then hardly any loss so it looks like more miles on the clock equals a slightly higher loss not massively though I’ve got 15400 on the clock and I am 98.77
Dealer Service Maintenance sheet quoted 100% SOH in July, about 12 weeks or 500 miles ago.

Regarding SOH and mileage / age etc, have a look at all of the data that can be found here:
I need to get around to adding some updated info to it.

The maths say 99.38 @Kithmo you have lost a bit which is to be expected that’s what happens unfortunately
The GOM could quite easily say 162miles instead of 163miles with a 100% SOH.
I've had 162 shown when my SOH was definitely 100%.
It'll show 162 if it thinks it is 162.9.
I've had it show 162 if I didn't look quite soon after it had finished charging. With the SOC too, it does change very very slightly if looking a few hours apart with the car just "resting".

I've had it show 162 if I didn't look quite soon after it had finished charging. With the SOC too, it does change very very slightly if looking a few hours apart with the car just "resting".
Ok calm down @JodyS21 I wasn’t having a go I was just applying the same maths as I did to mine 100% it is then @Kithmo sorry I spoke I certainly won’t bother in future

Ok calm down @JodyS21 I wasn’t having a go I was just applying the same maths as I did to mine 100% it is then @Kithmo sorry I spoke I certainly won’t bother in future
LOL, I was just pointing out that 162 miles doesn't necessarily mean you've lost battery SOH.
Sharing the knowledge. It may worry some folk if they think that!

That was a lot more than just pointing it out @JodyS21 that was a rant which was unnecessary and unexpected.
Are you serious!?
I’ve just re-read my post several times and I cannot see how it can be misread to be a rant!!!!!
I am on this forum to share information etc with fellow owners, I would like to think that all of my time I’ve spent contributing is considered very useful.

Are you serious!?
I’ve just re-read my post several times and I cannot see how it can be misread to be a rant!!!!!
I am on this forum to share information etc with fellow owners, I would like to think that all of my time I’ve spent contributing is considered very useful.
100% one of the most if not the most knowledgeable people on here that’s why I was a bit surprised at your answer thats all dont take it to heart please

Nah, @JodyS21 just likes to be a bit technical, which is a good thing, he's never malicious. :giggle:
Are you ok @Headgas1 , you seem a bit stressed today ? :unsure:
All good @Kithmo i wasn’t being horrible honest when I said yours was 99.38 buddy but it could well be 100% as pointed out by @JodyS21 👍🏻

i Only said rant cos you pointed out to me 5 sentences on why 162 could be 163 when the first line above was enough but maybe rant was to strong if it’s upset u then I take it back
But you have to appreciate that there will be differences of opinion from time to time I noted that your father in law joke upset a few myself I thought it was funny
I won’t say anymore on the subject @JodyS21 ok

Last edited:
All good @Kithmo i wasn’t being horrible honest when I said yours was 99.38 buddy but it could well be 100% as pointed out by @JodyS21 👍🏻
Glad you're ok buddy, we all have our days when we read something out of nothing. ;)
It's a lot easier talking face to face with someone when you can see their demeanour rather than in writing, when you can't. :giggle:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom