• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Boot liner

That's okay, i did post a picture of a boot liner earlier in the thread, just gives total protection to the boot

I went with the MG one as not only is it shaped to fit but also it has a slight lip all round which should contain any minor fluid spills.
If I'm going to carry anything seriously mucky, or need to cover the whole area with the seats down than I keep a sheet of heavy gauge polythene which can be gaffertaped into an appropriate shape for deployment as needed - and is cheap to replace when it gets damaged, as it will.

Waiting for one of these to arrive.

-9806146761616248096.jpg

The best boot liner I have had was from Hatch Bag, they do specific model fits, I had one for my Merc estate. I have contacted them and they have a backlog due to the pandemic of new (more popular) cars. They cost around £120 but very durable. I guess the more emails they get the more they might consider other SW’s/Estates 🤔

I just got a cheap one from Halfords, £22.
And used HALF a Halfords dog guard, £16.
Boot is great for my 3 small dogs and it's pretty well protected 🙂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210420-082725_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210420-082725_Gallery.jpg
    663.4 KB · Views: 286
I saw that too but wasn't sure how good it would be in terms of fit. I'm keen to see some feedback on one so keep us informed.

I have ordered one and it is showing as awaiting collection, but it's been like that for over a week now. I'll keep you updated with progress (if I see some!)

I have ordered one and it is showing as awaiting collection, but it's been like that for over a week now. I'll keep you updated with progress (if I see some!)
Did they specifically say they had an MG5 EV 'template'? I'm keen to get one sooner rather than later as our dog is starting to leave hair in the boot, despite the cheap liner we currently have.

I would hate to spend all that money only to find it wasn't a perfect fit.

Well, that's the millon dollar question. They say they do an MG5 one but they also ask for a photo of the 'trunk' area. So your guess is as good as mine.
However, after much badgering they finally dispatched whatever they have made and as of yesterday it arrived in this country . So, watch this space, by the end of the week I should be able to report on quality and fit.

Waiting for one of these to arrive.

View attachment 2871

Well, it arrived today and I will sum it up in one word.
DIABOLICAL

Mat too small, seat backs in one piece, not split as advertised, side pieces indescribable. They are totally the wrong shape.

Awaiting a response from the seller.

Would I recommend? Only to my very worst enemy as I am a nasty man!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom