Boot liner

Unfortunately, although they now list boot liners for the MG ZS, they have nothing for the MG5! :)
Have you asked them. They are very accommodating and if there’s a vehicle not on their system they usually work to put it on.

Only a generic one, but I’ve used these on my last two cars and they’ve been superb.
Amazon product ASIN B006FXLP28
I've got one of those, but it doesn't fit the MG5 boot very well, and the velcro needs to attach to places that are recessed and can't i.e. the granny charger area and the recess opposite. It's also a bit short front to back.

The Boot Buddy looks like it's made of shinny solid plastic sheets. I imagine these would be slippery for a dog when it jumping in and out of the boot.

I came across these MG ZS Car Boot Liner and Bumper Flap online. They look pretty reasonable. They do have them for MG ZS but I can see anything for MG5s. I've sent them and enquiry email but maybe someone from the UK could give them a call and ask if they have or are planning an MG5 EV version?

Last edited:
91D32113-3215-444C-AEE4-4BBC98B8C5CA.jpeg
Here is my boot liner! Got the MG plastic one underneath as part of protection pack.... Nothing on the sides but plenty of Velcro storage nets for Shopping bags dog leads! A couple of bungee cords to keep the fold up doggie steps :)).

Came across this in Home Bargains it’s not perfect but it does cover the back of the rear seats quite well and just about covers the floor area in the MG5 but not the rear bumper as well the sides are only about 2/3 covering the side walls so a bit short but price is £6.99p and might help some if shifting rubbish or anything like that not sure but at that price worth a look and if not for you get a refund no problem B585A7D0-672D-4539-8D1E-593A70A727AC.jpeg085AA25A-1883-457F-BA07-5699B1133713.jpegD72B11D2-755E-4197-9C65-36C55FE3008F.jpegAC9D52FC-A9D2-4C41-93B4-9CC2F4BBB897.jpeg

Came across this in Home Bargains it’s not perfect but it does cover the back of the rear seats quite well and just about covers the floor area in the MG5 but not the rear bumper as well the sides are only about 2/3 covering the side walls so a bit short but price is £6.99p and might help some if shifting rubbish or anything like that not sure but at that price worth a look and if not for you get a refund no problem View attachment 4153View attachment 4151View attachment 4152View attachment 4154
Great find Les, with my raised floor it will be a perfect fit on the sides. Now I just need to find a home bargains.

Can someone measure the MG 5 boot dimensions : length and width, please, so I can find a boot liner from a similar vehicle (maybe a Passat?) as it seems there are no boot "liners" (raised sides and bumper flap) on the market.
My MG5 arrives in October.

Can someone measure the MG 5 boot dimensions : length and width, please, so I can find a boot liner from a similar vehicle (maybe a Passat?) as it seems there are no boot "liners" (raised sides and bumper flap) on the market.
My MG5 arrives in October.
I thought MG sold one? The rubber ones with sides?

The MG one is alright - the edges raise about an inch or so. It's definitely designed for the standard range model but sort of works with the long range's adjustable floor. In a certain light. If you squint. And ignore the bits around the brackets at the rear. And the passenger side net.

I'd have thought something from an Golf/Astra/Focus would be more of a size than from a Passat though - there is a thread kicking about with measurements which i can't find quickly but did find this one : Internal boot dimensions

Hi Biffo, that's great, most helpful. The MG boot mat is not really enough protection from my kids and camping gear! A boot liner covers the side walls of the boot and the back of the rear seats, and has a flap to trail over the boot entry and bumper. From the Video and your link it sounds as though the internal dimensions of the boot are 90cm long, 105 cm wide (recess makes it 117 cm) and 51 to 55 cm in height, with a boot opening of 90 cm. I'll see what I can find that might fit!

Those sound about right - I've tried a dog cage in there which is 89cm (wide) x 70cm (deep) x 51cm (high), and it fitted through the opening with no issues with the floor in either position. Although it didn't leave a lot of space once in there

Found this one, 105 cm wide, 45 cm high, and way too long (but I guess that protects bumper). Looks functional, but the customer photos make it look like a messy tarpaulin vaguely thrown into a boot! Not the neatest...

I posted this back in July not and as I said them not 100% right mainly as the sides only come up part way but on the LR5 it might work better with the floor in the highest position and at £6:99 worth a try I placed it in a thread called Boot Liner which was stated by Scorpion In February.
Les

Came across this in Home Bargains it’s not perfect but it does cover the back of the rear seats quite well and just about covers the floor area in the MG5 but not the rear bumper as well the sides are only about 2/3 covering the side walls so a bit short but price is £6.99p and might help some if shifting rubbish or anything like that not sure but at that price worth a look and if not for you get a refund no problem B585A7D0-672D-4539-8D1E-593A70A727AC.jpeg085AA25A-1883-457F-BA07-5699B1133713.jpegD72B11D2-755E-4197-9C65-36C55FE3008F.jpegAC9D52FC-A9D2-4C41-93B4-9CC2F4BBB897.jpeg

Found this one, 105 cm wide, 45 cm high, and way too long (but I guess that protects bumper). Looks functional, but the customer photos make it look like a messy tarpaulin vaguely thrown into a boot! Not the neatest...
Ok, so boot liner arrived, and it fits pretty well.

Attachments

• 20211006_161830.jpg
    20211006_161830.jpg
    540.4 KB · Views: 250
  • 20211006_161850.jpg
    20211006_161850.jpg
    775.2 KB · Views: 211
  • 20211006_161909.jpg
    20211006_161909.jpg
    654.8 KB · Views: 229
I picked up a boot carpet floor inlay from carmats.co.uk looks very OEM should give the floor a little more protection. Cheapo Amazon liner for the trips to the tip/garden centre!

Unsure if it's big enough for the boot, it's 120x80cm.

I'm popping down later so will have a look at the quality when I'm there.

Just measured my boot and it's 90cm front to back so would be too short :(

Last edited:
Was just wondering if anyone has found a good fitting boot liner yet for the MG5

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom