Boot liner

Hi I couldn't find a perfect fit boot liner for MG5 (a boot liner covering the boot floor, walls and back of seats) but I did find a generic Amazon thing, not bad, does the job, but not tailor made. See my post of 6 October with photos.

There are some decent boot mats around though, mats just cover the boot floor.

The company mentioned in the previous post have Black Friday deals if your quick. I just ordered a boot mat from them.

Came across this in Home Bargains it’s not perfect but it does cover the back of the rear seats quite well and just about covers the floor area in the MG5 but not the rear bumper as well the sides are only about 2/3 covering the side walls so a bit short but price is £6.99p and might help some if shifting rubbish or anything like that not sure but at that price worth a look and if not for you get a refund no problem View attachment 4153View attachment 4151View attachment 4152View attachment 4154
I have just fitted one of these from Home Bargains, used some Velcro to secure the sides and I think it fits fine. Can’t grumble for six quid

Attachments

• 5025BDB5-4BBD-4D21-BEBC-60120C10AEE1.jpeg
    5025BDB5-4BBD-4D21-BEBC-60120C10AEE1.jpeg
    504.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 9216ABD2-1340-4796-8BBA-B7B6385412F1.jpeg
    9216ABD2-1340-4796-8BBA-B7B6385412F1.jpeg
    419.8 KB · Views: 211
Planning to order these for my MG5 LR Exclusive. Great reviews......

I recall there were cheaper versions of similar on AliExpress if you can wait and don't mind buying from China (!!!!!!!) :)

I have a Hatchbag in my Octavia estate and it has been excellent, fits like a glove and does exactly what is needed. I want a Hatchbag for my MG5 LR but the firm has not yet had a car in to measure up. If you have an MG5 LR and want a FREE Hatchbag all you have to do is take your car to the firm for 2 periods so they can measure it and produce the prototype. They are based in Birkenhead which is too far for me. Link is here MG5 Estate 2020 Onwards .

I got a lightweight rubber type boot mat from Liidl for £5 a couple of days ago, I think they had the liner as well but I already bought one from Amazon for the MG5

I have a Hatchbag in my Octavia estate and it has been excellent, fits like a glove and does exactly what is needed. I want a Hatchbag for my MG5 LR but the firm has not yet had a car in to measure up. If you have an MG5 LR and want a FREE Hatchbag all you have to do is take your car to the firm for 2 periods so they can measure it and produce the prototype. They are based in Birkenhead which is too far for me. Link is here MG5 Estate 2020 Onwards .
Hi I have registered on the above link for Hatchbag so will update if I hear any more
Les

Great news. What model(LR/SR) /year is your car and do you think there are any differences to 2022 models? Not sure how to check unless you put them side by side or Hatchbag measures the different models and confirms they are able to use the same pattern.

Great news. What model(LR/SR) /year is your car and do you think there are any differences to 2022 models? Not sure how to check unless you put them side by side or Hatchbag measures the different models and confirms they are able to use the same pattern.
Hi Deep purple, my car is 2020 or 2021was ordered 03/11/20 delivered to me 30/03/21 it’s a standard range 52 kw don’t think there is any difference in the luggage area really size wise the 2022 one I think has a net or strap on both little cubbyholes where mine only has the one side with a small net anyhow see how it goes and post you an update when it’s done.
One thing I do know is hatchbag do not do it in black that’s what I was told in there email and I think I will have to have a chat about extra commission LOL as they have used my photographs and put ther name across it might charge them a few Bob for that.
Les
DDC2E6AC-3680-47F1-9808-CE8485D46C9C.png

Last edited:
The one I have now is a darkish grey and is fine. My son has one and he split a pintnof milk in the boot and nothing got through to the carpet underneath.
Hoe do they deal with the 2 height boot floor?

The one I have now is a darkish grey and is fine. My son has one and he split a pintnof milk in the boot and nothing got through to the carpet underneath.
Hoe do they deal with the 2 height boot floor?
Aaaaah, @Deep purple , my favouritest band of all time (probably). Only got to see them once live though :(

I picked up an Ultimate Speed boot liner at Lidl the other day. It comes with self adhesive velcro fastners for the side, and comes up at the back to the cover the plastic bit. I'm sure with a bit more patience I can get it to fit better, but a nice fit for little money. This is with the floor in lowest position:

Boot Liner.jpg

Last edited:
Cos I'm a tight a**e, I kept hold of the Boot Buddy liner I bought when I bought my last ICE car, a BMW X1, and thought I'd be able to trim it down to fit the 5 when it arrived. I just tried it and it's pretty much a perfect fit! I've removed the rear seat (also a lot easier than I expected it to be!) and lowered the boot floor and it's amazing! I also have the MG boot liner as well so my carpet is all covered for my drum kit load in tonight! First gig with the MG!

Attachments

• IMG_20220415_135034.jpg
    IMG_20220415_135034.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20220415_134944.jpg
    IMG_20220415_134944.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 170
Cos I'm a tight a**e, I kept hold of the Boot Buddy liner I bought when I bought my last ICE car, a BMW X1, and thought I'd be able to trim it down to fit the 5 when it arrived. I just tried it and it's pretty much a perfect fit! I've removed the rear seat (also a lot easier than I expected it to be!) and lowered the boot floor and it's amazing! I also have the MG boot liner as well so my carpet is all covered for my drum kit load in tonight! First gig with the MG!
Any hints on how to remove the rear seat.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom