• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Breaking News MG4 Prices Slashed!

Similar policy in Australia but in a strange twist the banks here say there will be no loans for new ICE or Hybrid vehicles from 2025 but you will still be able to get a loan to buy a used one.
Is that a rare environmental initiative from the people with the smallest consciences or the politicians hiding behind the banks to ensure that someone else takes the blame? :unsure:

The ban is 2035 in the EU, so many millions of potential sales.

Typical effect of the lobbying power of German industry at EU level. In Germany itself the ban is 2030 but at the EU level the Germans were virtually alone in hanging out for 2035 and won.

I'd imagine as much as they can get away with!
Inflation has gone up 10ish%, MG UKs bills will have risen even if the factory costs haven't. The corporation tax is jumping to 25% so someone has to pay that.
The pound has fallen just under 10% against the dollar since last year but it fell a lot more which would have cost someone some money which they may want to get back or hedge against further falls. My brother in law works in importing and deals with lots of Chinese factories and they generally like to paid in dollars.
Dont think you will have to worry about mg uk paying taxes the next few years, they have 27millions loss left from 2021 they still can deduct. Also the company tax first raises from the next tax year so after april 2023

Attachments

• mg finace.jpg
    mg finace.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 60
Dont think you will have to worry about mg uk paying taxes the next few years, they have 27millions loss left from 2021 they still can deduct. Also the company tax first raises from the next tax year so after april 2023
With all these losses surely they need to get the MG4 issues under control otherwise it will hit them in a way they will fail to recover from

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 424 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back