Cancel MG4 Trophy and go for Megane E-Tech?

Yeah, I'm the same - cancelled order, sales guy clueless which brought on a sense of foreboding.
luckily, new GR86 is now in the UK - asked for March delivery (waited this long might as well get the new plate)
Are you sure I can't interest you in a Megane 👍

Are you sure I can't interest you in a Megane 👍
Nah, looking at infrastructure and personal circumstances (flat dweller, leccy rising costs, leccy cars about to be taxed, supermarkets no free charging and the actual costs of electric vehicles etc...) decided its not the way to go - a wait and see what comes approach seems sensible.
I could say - don't want to be stuck with betamax - and still remember the whole diesel debacle.

Nah, looking at infrastructure and personal circumstances (flat dweller, leccy rising costs, leccy cars about to be taxed, supermarkets no free charging and the actual costs of electric vehicles etc...) decided its not the way to go - a wait and see what comes approach seems sensible.
I could say - don't want to be stuck with betamax - and still remember the whole diesel debacle.
Betamax.🤣🤣🤣

Probably a wise decision in the circumstances 👍

At least they didn't say V-2000! 🤪
Was that the big discs the size of lp's

Hmmmm you’re going to struggle with your sales targets for February I fear…
I know my potential clients are going to be too scared to approach me in the open forum.

I'm going for a whole new approach!

I'm going to go all "Middle of Lidl"

Stack em high, sell them cheap!

Seems to be an approach that works.

Both 8 year battery warranty, not sure what the MG4 motor warranty is, like you say you are on Motability, so not that much of an issue for you.
Let us know how you get on
Signed for the Renault an hour ago and I'll be picking it up in 2 weeks max. Most likely sooner as all it needs is DVLA to register to me and issue registration number and road tax. Could be next week.

Like I said before the whole residual values, warranty x+ years etc aren't what I'm interested in because of how my car is coming to me. I'm more interested in the experience of owning the vehicle and dealers etc are part of that. So that's the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

Loved the car but have had anxiety over the thought of owning one recently unfortunately 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
It sounds like the Megane is a fine car.

That's great but it isn't in the same price bracket as the MG4, especially if you want equivalent equipment, and if I were spending that much I would think about a second hand Tesla as an even better option.

See you on the speak EV Megane forum if I've got time, between running backwards and forwards to the dealer.

Lidl and Aldi come on Renault is up there with Iceland at

Signed for the Renault an hour ago and I'll be picking it up in 2 weeks max. Most likely sooner as all it needs is DVLA to register to me and issue registration number and road tax. Could be next week
Well done. Not bothered about a 23 plate on 1 March?

Signed for the Renault an hour ago and I'll be picking it up in 2 weeks max. Most likely sooner as all it needs is DVLA to register to me and issue registration number and road tax. Could be next week.

Like I said before the whole residual values, warranty x+ years etc aren't what I'm interested in because of how my car is coming to me. I'm more interested in the experience of owning the vehicle and dealers etc are part of that. So that's the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

Loved the car but have had anxiety over the thought of owning one recently unfortunately 🤷🏻‍♂️
Be interested in your opinion of the test drive, better DM me though don't want upset anyone again👍

It sounds like the Megane is a fine car.

That's great but it isn't in the same price bracket as the MG4, especially if you want equivalent equipment, and if I were spending that much I would think about a second hand Tesla as an even better option.
Tsedge it's been said before but now with the price and Apr rise (not before, I think I'm right in saying there has been 2 Apr rises since you and a few other ordered)
The gap in PCP payments isn't that huge.
If you take into account the £1200 discount and free paint upgrade I got. Also £1k more PX.
The only thing the techno doesn't have that I can see the trophy has is the 360 camera.
Trophy is over £33k now if you want a colour other than white or blue.

Again not trying to wind anyone up here.

Weather you go or not the choice is yours but once I realised you seem to have an inner Clarkson and like to provoke a reaction I sit back and watch.
I forgot about your inner Clarkson comment, I'd just like to say potentially with regards some humour and a little wind up but without the widely reported racism sexism and bullying.

I forgot about your inner Clarkson comment, I'd just like to say potentially with regards some humour and a little wind up but without the widely reported racism sexism and bullying.
Apologies. I had no intention of implying that you were racist, sexist or a bully.

I’m losing confidence a little in the MG warranty. It looks great on the face of it - 7 Years. But as with many warranties a lot of items are not covered for this time period and the battery and motor has 7 Years instead of most others who do 8 Years - so you lose a Year there.
Having said all that, the biggest factor for me is that MG seem to like to query and procrastinate over warranty claims and leave owners hanging - I don’t like the sound of that at the moment.
With the MG4 yes but with our MG ZS EV MK1 we've had amazing experiences warranty wise (if you can ever call a warranty claim as amazing)

One of the reasons I went with the MG4, was due to how issues we've had with our ZS EV MK1 were handled

I’ve said before - I find Leni16 posts overall very well constructed and balanced. ‘Slagging it off at every opportunity‘ is simply a ridiculous comment - show examples of what you call slagging it off.
Constructive criticism yes (and also praise btw).
Plus Leni16 is still a potential owner and customer for a MG4 (not that really matters). It’s having genuine interest in MG that matters, not if you own one or order one or even cancel one.
We need more members like Leni16, and perhaps just perhaps less of a certain other kind…
We want to encourage views from everywhere not create a closed shop MG fanboy forum.
These sort of challenges and debates add to why this forum is one of the best out there.
I take exception to quite a few things in this post.

The poster you refer to, Leni is one of a few who love a good moan about the car and the brand, reiterating how much they dislike the company’s approach to any customer issues. Everyone vaguely active reading the forum knows this and I don’t need to waste my time citing examples for you to pick them apart and try to prove me wrong.

I wouldn’t describe that as having a genuine interest. They are more like a jilted lover who can’t let go. The recent troll type move bring the addition of the Lidl logo to try to wind folk up.

Your next bit about wanting more posters like them is quite annoying to me. These types of posts are repetitive and offer nothing more than winding people like me up and put doubts in some folks minds.

You want views from everywhere, not create a closed shop? Well that’s what you’re doing by pissing people like me off. It’ll end up with just you and the moaners left if that’s the way you carry on.

Who made you the boss of who ‘we’ want and don’t want on the forum anyway? The attitude displayed in your post shows that this forum really isn’t ‘one of the best out there’ particularly if you’re in charge of who’s in it.

I'm not wanting to get into this again today but the whole troll comment is crap in regards to the Lidl sign, this was only changed because several members posted a variety of different images in relation to Lidl being Renault (your comment) since removed by Alb, and said for me to change my profile for a laugh.
It wasn't even me that brought the Lidl Aldi thing up.
As I've said the Lidl thing was a dig at Renault not MG, I'll take it down if you want, it's not a big deal.

You are correct in what you are saying above I have been negative in the majority of occasions I've posted about aftercare topics, that's because the service has been poor.
I have however also praised positive ones.

I kept coming in here as I would still consider the car and it really is a good very knowledgeable forum, where I've learnt a lot. It also for the most part doesn't take itself that seriously and there is quite a bit of good banter etc, and as has been said it's not a closed shop.

I think anybody buying a new car has to accept there will be issues and possibly criticism, and there have been some quite irate people on here at times, far more vocal than me in there criticism of MG.
I think, if has happened in the past people are basically told to leave for moaning or saying they are now considering another car. Like I say has happened, then what kind of a forum does that make this.

I will apologize to anyone that has taken offence at anything I've said, I have never ever directed any insults at an individual, although I have received a few myself ( and a couple of choice ones by a DM, but I'm a big boy and there are keyboard warriors everywhere, so no big deal)

I admitt I have been critical, but again the car does have a list of issues and some unhappy customers that's just a fact, I do get that people don't want to hear it but it's true. I will continue to call out poor service as I see it, we will all have experienced it with something in the past so we can all see it when it falls below an acceptable level, so are able to comment on it.
I do get that people are going to get a bit defensive of a car they have bought that is getting slagged off but again you can go through any thread and find people a lot more critical and vocal than me.

Hopefully as I say it won't go down that route again today, hope you have a good one👍

I'm not wanting to get into this again today but the whole troll comment is crap in regards to the Lidl sign, this was only changed because several members posted a variety of different images in relation to Lidl being Renault (your comment) since removed by Alb, and said for me to change my profile for a laugh.
It wasn't even me that brought the Lidl Aldi thing up.
As I've said the Lidl thing was a dig at Renault not MG, I'll take it down if you want, it's not a big deal.

You are correct in what you are saying above I have been negative in the majority of occasions I've posted about aftercare topics, that's because the service has been poor.
I have however also praised positive ones.

I kept coming in here as I would still consider the car and it really is a good very knowledgeable forum, where I've learnt a lot. It also for the most part doesn't take itself that seriously and there is quite a bit of good banter etc, and as has been said it's not a closed shop.

I think anybody buying a new car has to accept there will be issues and possibly criticism, and there have been some quite irate people on here at times, far more vocal than me in there criticism of MG.
I think, if has happened in the past people are basically told to leave for moaning or saying they are now considering another car. Like I say has happened, then what kind of a forum does that make this.

I will apologize to anyone that has taken offence at anything I've said, I have never ever directed any insults at an individual, although I have received a few myself ( and a couple of choice ones by a DM, but I'm a big boy and there are keyboard warriors everywhere, so no big deal)

I admitt I have been critical, but again the car does have a list of issues and some unhappy customers that's just a fact, I do get that people don't want to hear it but it's true. I will continue to call out poor service as I see it, we will all have experienced it with something in the past so we can all see it when it falls below an acceptable level, so are able to comment on it.
I do get that people are going to get a bit defensive of a car they have bought that is getting slagged off but again you can go through any thread and find people a lot more critical and vocal than me.

Hopefully as I say it won't go down that route again today, hope you have a good one👍
Fair enough. I’ve obviously missed the supermarket logo changing fun and only logged on before and after it so have put it on you so apologies!

I think part of my defensive approach (apart from basically being labelled as an inferior poster by the other poster) is because, as strange as it might sound to you, I have actually had no problems with the MG4 at all! Apart from bent undertray which I am trusting will get fixed.

So we’re obviously coming from different experiences and I do understand your point of view if you’ve had bad experiences with the car.

I’ve not followed your whole story but you’re obviously not impressed with the car and MGs service. Were you one of the people you rejected the car before going to a Renault? Sorry, as I say I haven’t been following religiously. I just see your posts pop up in threads about quality issues etc..

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back