Can't adjust target battery level on iSmart?

MHY

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
We've had the SE since the beginning of November and we don't seem to have the option to adjust the target battery level when charging. I've seen screenshots of other people's iSmart app that has an arrow you can drag under the battery graphic but we don't seem to have this. Is this not available for the SE?

It was there ( i'm sure it was!)Maybe it disappeared when the app was updated. I must admit I hadn't noticed it going until I saw your post.

I have an SE SR

I have the SE SR... that's annoying that it's only on the LR, I thought it was on both as we asked the dealer about it before purchasing.
It's only needed on the LR as the battery technology in it doesn't like to be charged to 100% all the time, where as the LFP technology can be charged fully with virtually no detriment to the battery

It's only on the LR, as it is for the ZS because the battery chemistry between the two differ and whilst the LFP battery in the SR can easily handle constantly being charged to 100% the NCM battery in the LR cannot and remains healthier if only charged to 80% unless it will be rapidly discharged (such as on a long journey).

I have the SE SR... that's annoying that it's only on the LR, I thought it was on both as we asked the dealer about it before purchasing.
yes it was definitely there as I remember the little pointer being g there.
Perhaps it'll return when they do the update to get rid of the overheating messages on the charging screen .

Even though it doesn't damage the battery being charged to 100% each time on the SR you'd think you'd also have the same option, maybe you only want to charge it to 50% or 90% for whatever reason.

Even though it doesn't damage the battery being charged to 100% each time on the SR you'd think you'd also have the same option, maybe you only want to charge it to 50% or 90% for whatever reason.
Indeed. I am amazed that they would bother to make this a LR only feature, surely less work to be available on both?

It's because if you don't charge the SR battery to 100% regularly the BMS will lose track of the SOC and you'll start to see problems with the % display such as suddenly dropping 10%.

By removing the option they are making it more likely that you'll fully charge it more often. The extra effort must have been preferable to having lots of users complaining that their battery is faulty.

Different battery chemistries on the LR and SR? That surprises the hell out of me - I thought it was all just modular and there were more cells in the LR version... But I see it's true!

Time for me to do some more reading ...

It is on my iSmart app, Charging Management screen.
If i have it set above 80% it states long trip mode and anything below 80% it states Health Mode.

Maybe only for Long Range cars.

I have Trophy LR
I have a LR and it’s not on my app anymore since the update? There is now no charging management screen. Not sure what to do now

I have a LR and it’s not on my app anymore since the update? There is now no charging management screen. Not sure what to do now
Yes there is , where it shows the battery % , click it and it takes you to the battery management. Then there is a small nut icon top right where you can adjust the charge limit.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back