Can't adjust target battery level on iSmart?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240123-062839.png
    Screenshot_20240123-062839.png
    325.6 KB · Views: 67
Should my fuel % icon not say battery %. Is this why it won’t click over to allow me to change the charge level?
Seems to be an MG5 thing. There are posts about this on the MG5 forum

I have a LR and it’s not on my app anymore since the update? There is now no charging management screen. Not sure what to do now
So is it the % "wheel" that do not turn, or is it that it's falling to store/confirm the % setting you choose?

P.s the % setting is in the nut upper left [ ? ] in EV management.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240123-092101_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20240123-092101_MG iSMART.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20240123-092114_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20240123-092114_MG iSMART.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20240123-092138_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20240123-092138_MG iSMART.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone in here. I have been madly pressing everywhere on the screen because the little info tags are there but nothing else. Looked up a youtube vid and saw the triangle slider which mine doesn’t have. Hmmm standard range…

Thanks everyone in here. I have been madly pressing everywhere on the screen because the little info tags are there but nothing else. Looked up a youtube vid and saw the triangle slider which mine doesn’t have. Hmmm standard range…
That video must be for the old app. The new app doesn't have the triangle slider. If you have an SE SR you cannot change the charge limit below 100% anyway.

SR SE does not have (need) the ability to stop the charge at a set percentage as it has a different battery type to the long range version.

There are times when it might come in handy.

Last week I deliberately running the charge low to arrive home on Wednesday under 10% so I could do a long charge on the battery on Thursday as I didn't need the car that day. But by Tuesday evening I could see I didn't have enough for Wednesday's trip. I had to put a bit more in but didn't want to go over 40%. I had to set my phone alarm for four o'clock in the morning and stop the charge on the app.

OK it was fine, I didn't even have to get out of bed, but if the app had been down it would have been annoying. I suppose there's a way to schedule the stopping time and I should figure it out, but it would have been handy to have been able to say, just go to 40% and stop.

SR SE does not have (need) the ability to stop the charge at a set percentage as it has a different battery type to the long range version.
I understand the difference between NMC & LFP however there are times when I just want a certain SOC for the morning. In my case most of my charging is done from my rooftop PV (very sunny place). I might get to 70% via PV by 1600 then want to get to 80% on off peak starting at midnight but minimise having to pay for the ‘top up’ by not going past 80%

I understand the difference between NMC & LFP however there are times when I just want a certain SOC for the morning. In my case most of my charging is done from my rooftop PV (very sunny place). I might get to 70% via PV by 1600 then want to get to 80% on off peak starting at midnight but minimise having to pay for the ‘top up’ by not going past 80%
You could do that if you had a smart EVSE ,which would be able to charge to a set limit.

You could do that if you had a smart EVSE ,which would be able to charge to a set limit.
Yes of course, as long as it is able to communicate with the bms, however just loading the LR software on the vehicle should be simpler and cheaper. The screen already has the 80-100 zone delineated differently.

I agree, it would be handy sometimes. I have a suspicion they may have removed the facility from the SR to try to prevent people mistakenly treating the batteries as if they were NMC and never letting them balance properly.

I agree, it would be handy sometimes. I have a suspicion they may have removed the facility from the SR to try to prevent people mistakenly treating the batteries as if they were NMC and never letting them balance properly.
Although according to the manual the bms tells you to perform a slow balance charge when required. I haven’t owned the vehicle long enough to see it this actually happens.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back