ChargePlace Scotland now operated by Swarco?

In all fairness to them, I did get a response after 3 weeks 🙄 saying both local rapid chargers were working again. Shame they were being used by a Mazda & Tesla at lunch time.

Going to be a few "ouch" moments for folk when they get their bills.

My CPS card arrived this very morning. I only ordered it on the tenth of September in Aviemore 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤩

Oh dear...

Screenshot_20211119-191406_Firefox.jpg

Had my first email telling me that £12.00 will be taken from my bank account on 3rd December. Swarco say this is for charging sessions up to the end of last month. But all the Chargeplace Scotland sessions I used up to the end of last month (October) were at free chargers. I've only used Chargeplace Scotland chargers once, and that was this month (2nd November), and that was costed at £3.30.

Better still, the contact phone number Swarco put on the email is incorrect, which a harrassed young woman told me after 10 minutes on hold ("You wouldn't believe how many people I've had on the phone; we're doing our best to change the email templates..."). They then transfer you to the CPS number who put you on hold for a further 10 minutes before playing you a recording telling you to... wiat for it.... email Swarco.

Ain't outsourcing great?

Had my first email telling me that £12.00 will be taken from my bank account on 3rd December. Swarco say this is for charging sessions up to the end of last month. But all the Chargeplace Scotland sessions I used up to the end of last month (October) were at free chargers. I've only used Chargeplace Scotland chargers once, and that was this month (2nd November), and that was costed at £3.30.
You can see all your charging sessions on your cps account does it show any other sessions? if not query it.

Update. Queried by email. They agreed that the invoice and the record of charging sessions were cempletely unrelated so it's all been scrapped and we're back to square one. And they said that an RFID card is still £10.

RFID used to be £20 a year. I 'think' the £10 now is a one off payment.

I received an invoice email for £12, few hours later an email quashing the £12.

Must have a bug.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom