ChargePlace Scotland now operated by Swarco?

Maybe when I try at a charger it will work??
Thought I'd just check the app now SWARCO have taken over before I try a charge again and got the "internet connection slow or not available" as I open the app.
Definitely got a connection as I'm on this forum

A heads up.....

Just tried to charge at my local CPS charger using my CPS RFID card and the card was refused. Their app (which is a bit of a shambles) didn't work either. It thinks that the chademo plug is in use even though the Nissan Leaf previously using it had departed 5 minutes ago.

Apparently CPS have "switched on" account checking today (without notice) and if the card you have is not registered to your account then you have had it. It would appear that their data cutover hasn't worked very well.

Lots of disgruntled folk on social media. It will be interesting to see what CPS do to sort this out.

Worth checking your CPS account for a linked card.

This is not correct. If you have a Chargeplace Scotland card you were emailed twice to go and change your bank account details in your cps account. If your card is not working today it's because this has not been done.

When CYC handed over the network to Swarco they were not legally allowed to pass on bank details or your direct debit permission.

This is not correct. If you have a Chargeplace Scotland card you were emailed twice to go and change your bank account details in your cps account. If your card is not working today it's because this has not been done.

When CYC handed over the network to Swarco they were not legally allowed to pass on bank details or your direct debit permission.
I did the change of bank account details. Their website shows that I have done this. But my card is not registered on the account. I'm not the only one it would appear! Check out the postings on Twitter and Facebook. It's a shambles. They made such a mess of the handover that until today you could use any RFID card to get a charge!

I did the change of bank account details. Their website shows that I have done this. But my card is not registered on the account. I'm not the only one it would appear! Check out the postings on Twitter and Facebook. It's a shambles. They made such a mess of the handover that until today you could use any RFID card to get a charge!

CYC botched the handover of the customer database, they gave Swarco an old one that did not include hundreds of people who had paid for and been sent cps cards. This lead to many many people being stuck the day after changeover because the system didn't know they existed.
CPS/Swarco took the decision to open the system to any card and stop payment charges until they could get everything sorted. The system switched back to CPS cards only today (though still free afaik) and some people are having difficulty because their bank details were not updated.
It's worth going into your cps account and checking that you are set up properly.

CYC botched the handover of the customer database, they gave Swarco an old one that did not include hundreds of people who had paid for and been sent cps cards. This lead to many many people being stuck the day after changeover because the system didn't know they existed.
CPS/Swarco took the decision to open the system to any card and stop payment charges until they could get everything sorted. The system switched back to CPS cards only today (though still free afaik) and some people are having difficulty because their bank details were not updated.
It's worth going into your cps account and checking that you are set up properly.
Thanks for the info.

If you read my last post you will see that I mention that I have checked my account details and it states that they do have my bank details.

They are difficult to contact at the moment presumably due to the volume of contacts they are getting. No reply to postings on Twitter and Facebook. Phone system just plays inane music.

No doubt they will get around to me at some point.

I can't remember getting any emails?? I'm going in right now to check if my bank details are correct.
Many thanks all, for the heads up!

Thanks for the info.

If you read my last post you will see that I mention that I have checked my account details and it states that they do have my bank details.

They are difficult to contact at the moment presumably due to the volume of contacts they are getting. No reply to postings on Twitter and Facebook. Phone system just plays inane music.

No doubt they will get around to me at some point.

In your account there's a support link where you can email them, hopefully get an answer faster.

I can't remember getting any emails?? I'm going in right now to check if my bank details are correct.
Many thanks all, for the heads up!

Would have been back in May I think and again after the changeover.

So, after no reply to email, Twitter and Facebook, I decided to ring their helpline. After waiting 28 minutes I get through to an operator. My details are checked and it appears that the card registered on my account doesn't match the number on the physical card. Apparently this has happened to a number of records during the data transfer. Something to do with alphabetical characters being added to the card number.

So, nothing to do with bank details not being completed correctly it would appear;)

If you are having difficulties then it could be the same issue which has to be corrected by their Admin Team. So don't expect a quick fix over the phone.

Grand Jamesie, we’ll done sir. I’ve not used my card for a wee while but must look into that and check it out. We’re looking towards a few longer distance trips now that we’ve gone over to the five side 🤩.
This 250 miles promise is certainly no myth and should definitely carry us on a few miles more to the next rapid charger with more faith - if that card does actually work 🤣. Thanks for the heads up. Archie.

I’ve got three cards now, all work but none of which seem linked to my phone app - which seems to forget about the current session as soon as it starts, meaning I can’t stop it without calling helpline.

Might call them tomorrow and see what the issue is.

I’ve got three cards now, all work but none of which seem linked to my phone app - which seems to forget about the current session as soon as it starts, meaning I can’t stop it without calling helpline.

Might call them tomorrow and see what the issue is.

Your charge session should end when you show your card a second time and choose stop? Or is it something else you mean?

Your charge session should end when you show your card a second time and choose stop? Or is it something else you mean?
I started it through the iOS App, which until recently didn't work for me as there was no card associated with it - so I requested a new card to try and get it linked (now got three of them). The iOS App then timed out when trying to view my active session, and this vanished so I couldn't stop that way. None of the three cards would allow me to stop the session either. Luckily with the Fast charger, I could remove the cable after unlocking the car.

Need to chase this up with them further.

That's interesting.

I was told by the customer services operative that my account has a virtual card linked to it which is used when charging using the app. I guess if you lose your session then a physical RFID card isn't going to do the job. So if your session times out then there is no link to the virtual card that initiated the session.

I will be trying my card tomorrow with the app as backup (never used the app before). Last resort will be a call to the helpdesk (who said they normally answer calls within 2 minutes.....hmmmmm!).

That's interesting.

I was told by the customer services operative that my account has a virtual card linked to it which is used when charging using the app. I guess if you lose your session then a physical RFID card isn't going to do the job. So if your session times out then there is no link to the virtual card that initiated the session.

I will be trying my card tomorrow with the app as backup (never used the app before). Last resort will be a call to the helpdesk (who said they normally answer calls within 2 minutes.....hmmmmm!).
In all honesty, the helpdesk have been good so far - but took 15+ minutes the other evening when stuck on a Rapid, but I suspect there were network issues as my RFID cards wouldn't authenticate - so likely a bit more demand on them than usual.

Think I'll stick with using the RFID (or bank card validates too) from now on - I don't need to see online history for free charging.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom