Charger taking ages on ""connecting..."

It should not lock itself just because you plugged in the charger. When it does that it’s likely you unlocked the car to open the charger port flap, and then the car locked itself as it’s the case if no door was opened
For the charging schedule to work, you must start the car first, then you can plug in and lock the car afterwards.
On the 5 the charging port locks after you plug in regardless of whether the car is locked or not.

On the 5 the charging port locks after you plug in regardless of whether the car is locked or not.
Seems rather strange and inconvenient . What if there are passengers inside? What if a door is open? I guess it won’t matter much but seems redundant

Seems rather strange and inconvenient . What if there are passengers inside? What if a door is open? I guess it won’t matter much but seems redundant
Only the charging port locks not the doors, unless you didn't open a door, that's where the auto (re)locking kicks in 30 seconds after you unlocked the car.
I was very inconvenient for some early owners as the port used to lock 2 or 3 seconds after they unlocked the car. It meant they had to stand at the charge port, plug in hand, unlock the car and plug in quickly before it locked the port or they couldn't get the plug in. 😟

Only the charging port locks not the doors, unless you didn't open a door, that's where the auto (re)locking kicks in 30 seconds after you unlocked the car.
I was very inconvenient for some early owners as the port used to lock 2 or 3 seconds after they unlocked the car. It meant they had to stand at the charge port, plug in hand, unlock the car and plug in quickly before it locked the port or they couldn't get the plug in. 😟
Now I get it. Sorry I misread

Now I get why I misread your post

I was not referring to the charging port in my earlier post. I was referring to the doors.
The charging port will lock when it detects an active charger. Nothing to do with the schedule issue though

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back