Charging at Center Parcs

NickHeynes

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Just returned from a trip to Center Parcs and thought I'd share my experience with charging there .We stayed at the Eleveden resort . I would imagine that the other Parcs run the same system.
You can pre book a charger when you book your break and there are there are loads of them. You can book a day charge or a night charge . I booked a night charge @ 0.39p/kwh. I didn't need to charge as I only live about 80 miles from Elveden but wanted to try it out.
You're allocated a space given a post/ Space number via email when you book and need to download the vendelectric app and set up an account . The chargers are in the spaces nearest the arrivals lodge .Once you've unloaded your car at your lodge Go and find your space (look hard The post numbers are tiny). you can then park up and prepare to charge .They are 7.5 kw chargers . I had been allocated B107 . They run a street number system, odds on the left evens on the right . The day chargers are the first few on the right .
You need a type 2 cable .
There are 2 charge ports on each post. Yours and the space next to you.
There are 2 QR codes on the post above each circular charge ports . Scan the code which will take you to the vendelectric website and connect . If you've booked night time charging it'll confirm your session but won't start charging until later (11pm I think). daytime is noon till 11pm ( again, I think).
Take a torch or phone if you're connecting in the dark . It's as black as your hat in the car park and if you have to reverse into to the space which we do cos we drive a MG4 It's not easy to see the QR codes. Make sure you plug into the port that corresponds to the correct QR code. At first I didn't realise that there were 2 QR codes on the post and scanned the wrong one . Once I'd got that sorted it confirmed the session. I checked the MG app during the night and the car was charging.
I left my car in that bay all week (connected) Although I got an email asking to move into the main car park I didn't bother as the parc wasn't by any means full . If we'd have been staying during a busy period I would have moved.

Hope this helps .

booked a space at whinfell a few weeks back. similar setup, full after 1 night charging and then left the car there

bonus is the EV parking is more spacious and less muddy

wasn't full and also seems to have some bays for when you don't pre-book as they were not numbered

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back