Charging on Tesla Supperchargers Blocked

JayMG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have had problems recently charging on Tesla Superchargers. I had a membership for Dec as was travelling a lot in UK and France.

I spoke to Tesla Customer Service in both France and UK and both told me that most MG models are now being blocked on technical grounds. They said no end date at the moment and gave me a full refund on my membership.

Not sure which models are and are not effected - mine latest ZS LR.

Any other experiences?

This has been noted elsewhere on the MG5 forum. See this post, it is not just MGs.

I have had problems recently charging on Tesla Superchargers. I had a membership for Dec as was travelling a lot in UK and France.

I spoke to Tesla Customer Service in both France and UK and both told me that most MG models are now being blocked on technical grounds. They said no end date at the moment and gave me a full refund on my membership.

Not sure which models are and are not effected - mine latest ZS LR.

Any other experiences?
I couldn't connect with my ZS LR at Tesla Trumpington on January 2nd.

My summer trip away is getting increasingly more expensive by the day. I was counting on using Tesla chargers. Hope they fix it

I don't this this affect MG4's, at least not mine anyway last time I charged at one. Someone else with a 4 also reported charging OK recently on a Tesla charger.

My summer trip away is getting increasingly more expensive by the day. I was counting on using Tesla chargers. Hope they fix it
I didn't think Tesla chargers were particulalrly cheap last time I looked, but not doing much public charging I am probably out of date.

Looks like MGs can charge on superchargers again

Attachments

• C3D48876-4A57-4339-86FB-B0E5D4C6451E.png
    C3D48876-4A57-4339-86FB-B0E5D4C6451E.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 168
Not all models were blocked so the odd picture of one charging is no great help.
More MG 4s than others seem to have been ok.

We need Tesla to confirm. Last week they told me most models blocked and no end date in sight. Since then I have seen quite a few posts across the web flagging problems

Interesting, my friends MG4 didn’t work last week and he assumed that it was just the problem with MGs in general…

I was not aware that the super chargers at the Trafford Centre where included in one of the 15 trial sites for NON Tesla users ?.
Oh weren’t you? You know you can check on the Tesla app right?

Attachments

• E126596D-1184-42F9-B56E-7A025B08B5C2.png
    E126596D-1184-42F9-B56E-7A025B08B5C2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 158
Oh weren’t you? You know you can check on the Tesla app right?
Thanks for that !.
I have seen the published list of the 15 trial sites in the UK but it only stated Manchester x2 I was not aware they where at the Trafford Centre, or they could be singled out / viewed on the Tesla App - Thanks (y).

What is the kWh rate for none Tesla charging?

What is the kWh rate for none Tesla charging?
You can check the app, but they usually have dynamic pricing. I checked quickly on the app now for the southern UK and the average was this: £0,55 /kwh from 00:00 - 16:00, £0,71 /kwh from 16:00-20:00, £0,55 kwh from 20:00-00:00.

Interesting that rates are time sensitive. Do any other rapids do this?

Interesting that rates are time sensitive. Do any other rapids do this?
I have heard of Geniepoint and one of the lamppost charger suppliers doing the same.
The Charger people are charged different rates at different times of day I believe.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom