Charging point thought

Slightly different topic but late last year Was charging at “perins car park” Arlesford ,when I returned to the car I had a parking fine ,no signage to say I had to pay a parking fee as well as the charging fee .I am objecting to the fine .Has anyone else had this problem?

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 12.46.46.png
From Google maps. The sign at the entrance to the carpark. As it is attached to the school/community centre I think it is likely to be council owned.

You could try an appeal.

The PCN is from Winchester City Council served by "civil enforcement Officer"
There are no signs on the charging bay but according to a local councillor there are some made but they have not been erected yet the bays in other car parks are operated by the company that runs them and are outside the jurisdiction of the carpark operator so I believe
IMG_0566.jpeg

If signage is inadequate then you could take this to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal (I think that's what it's called). For Council PCNs you could try Pepipoo forum. (Don't try to register using a Hotmail account, and read a few threads first so you understand the type of info they'll need to be able to properly advise you):

thanks , I've appealed ,I'll post the result
you would think the £20 i payed for electric won be enough to let you off the parking fine

thanks , I've appealed ,I'll post the result
you would think the £20 i payed for electric won be enough to let you off the parking fine
FWIW - My council has installed 7kW destination chargers in some car parks, 2 are free to park, one is pay & display.
However, the kW/h price in the pay & display car park is lower than in the free ones to offset the parking fee (56p vs 75p).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back