Charging speed

Yes, I got the middle headrest, rear wiper, one pedal driving, no black roof, trophy edition
Before I could charge at 11kw, I had to set the max charge in the settings of the car. Default is slow.

Yes, I got the middle headrest, rear wiper, one pedal driving, no black roof, trophy edition
Before I could charge at 11kw, I had to set the max charge in the settings of the car. Default is slow.
Interesting to know as it was supposed to only come with 7kw AC, as were the phase 1 Trophy's and LRs

Apologies didn't notice you were in the Netherlands, UK spec cars are only supposed to be 7kw now

I think 7kW is only for UK (RHD) models. "EU" models (which also come with heat pumps) are still 11kW.

Why MG have done that is anyone's guess - maybe the fact that >7kW AC charging is not in abundance in the UK gave them an excuse to cut costs. 🤷‍♂️

I think 7kW is only for UK (RHD) models. "EU" models (which also come with heat pumps) are still 11kW.

Why MG have done that is anyone's guess - maybe the fact that >7kW AC charging is not in abundance in the UK gave them an excuse to cut costs. 🤷‍♂️
7kw AC chargers are all over Scotland with the chargeplace Scotland chargers

Correct - and supports my previous comment. :)

(Note that I said >7kW chargers, not 7kW chargers). ;)
Actually meant greater than 7 and genuinely thought I'd added the little symbol. Back to the point there are loads of 22kw AC chargers all over Scotland

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back