Check List for picking up new car

I got my Zs home and found they transposed 2 characters on both number plates! They sent a driver in my trade in ZS ice with corrected ones and double sided tape for me to change myself. Obviously I drilled holes and fitted properly

Hi,
What colour did they have in stock? I thought the LR was available in September but if he has a stock one you should be able to get it on 1st September on a 71 plate😃
I ordered from Richmond MG in Portsmouth 2 weeks ago and was informed today the car was due on site next week with collection first week sept for the 71 plate. So they are arriving as we speak (certainly a number from the recent ship arrival were dealer stock).

I know the OP has already collected his car but I would add "GAP insurance sorted" to a checklist of things for you the owner to do just as a reminder. Very important if you have used finance to buy the car as your regular car insurance will only repay you for the current value not the value you owe.

Sadly gap insurance isn't good for covering against long waiting times. Having the full purchase price for (say) a ZS seems only likely to get you to the back of a 6 month queue, but you probably still need something to get around in until it arrives. I have never seen that offered or the ability to get a premium agreed to "get one early" based on the sort of mark-ups in Autotrader.

Sadly gap insurance isn't good for covering against long waiting times. Having the full purchase price for (say) a ZS seems only likely to get you to the back of a 6 month queue, but you probably still need something to get around in until it arrives. I have never seen that offered or the ability to get a premium agreed to "get one early" based on the sort of mark-ups in Autotrader.
That's my worry, but amplified that if something happens to the 5 I'm getting as a company car they'll just give me one of the ICE pool cars then I'll get hammered by tax (approx £600/month) after giving up my car and fuel allowance. I've signed a 4 year agreement and i don't think it stipulated I would always get offered an EV.

Look at the underneath of the doors to confirm that the drain holes are not covered by a piece of plastic tape. Quite a few people have reported this as not being done and on mine one had been left on. Nett result is that door will fill up with water.

Picked my mg5 up yesterday and was shocked they don’t come with locking wheel nuts as standard.
Why shocked ? Nobody pinches alloys any more, especially :D the ones on MGs. and they are a PITA when you do need to get the wheel off.

Wouldn't put it past a numty to try and look for the catalytic converter though.

Why shocked ? Nobody pinches alloys any more, especially :D the ones on MGs. and they are a PITA when you do need to get the wheel off.

Wouldn't put it past a numty to try and look for the catalytic converter though.
Not sure. (Famous last words)😂
Every new car Iv ever had has had them😂.

Are we automatically covered by the AA of should we fill in a form I forgot to ask when the car was delivered? Ask for your number plates to be bolted on the double sided sticky tape is as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

I have created a small checklist I will be using for the delivery in about 3 weeks. Feel free to use this, I have added some items from this forum but also some items I used on previous Tesla deliveries.

Attachments

• Checklist MG5.pdf
    125.7 KB · Views: 100
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom