China crisis

Keith Harris

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just wondering what my fellow mgers think about the current escalating China situation. I have an MG5 and have had a ZS LR on order since last December (yea that’s a separate problem) . What do we think will happen to the brand if for instance the UK decides to impose sanctions on China in the near future, dealers disappearing over night?, car systems being hacked, public chargers not working (oh no sorry that’s now🤣). On serious note I am starting to have second thoughts about the order and maybe thinking about looking elsewhere. Call me a numpty if you want but would really like to know your thoughts on the matter! By the way I have no interest in a political discussion here, so please don’t turn this into an election campaign !
I also realise lots of thing's have Chinese components in these days but this is a solely made directly imported Chinese product so thoughts please.

Last edited:
Having just got over reading a post highlighting the possibility of energy prices causing evs to be less attractive, you’re now highlighting the China crisis! I should say thank you really for adding this to the mix

I’m currently of the opinion that I’m going to live for today and go for one (mg4)

Wishful thinking perhaps? 😀
Wishful thinking was a China crisis single btw for anyone younger than me…
China crisis was a pop group for anyone born after 2000 🤣

Least Trust like most of the politicians of today are a bunch of amateurs, she already called China on the other side of the world a threat, no idea what that might be or why? Has China ever done anything bad to UK?
Wouldn’t surprised me if she would ban Chinese imports to please our master across the Atlantic.

But I’m still going for my MG4 Trophy to support my local dealer😆

Last edited:
Don't worry about this (so call crisis).

nobody wants war, nobaody wants sanctions, politicans just show their strenth, like teenages, make themselves loook like heroes.

nothing would happan, the only thing you need to worry about is the capacity of SAIC, too many orders, the supply chain is tightened.

Last edited:
Having just got over reading a post highlighting the possibility of energy prices causing evs to be less attractive, you’re now highlighting the China crisis! I should say thank you really for adding this to the mix

I’m currently of the opinion that I’m going to live for today and go for one (mg4)

China crisis was a pop group for anyone born after

Having just closed a similar thread, I'm not going allow this one to go the same way.
Discuss the MG specific implications of a hypothetical sanction regime by all means but this is not a platform for discussing politics.

Having just closed a similar thread, I'm not going allow this one to go the same way.
Discuss the MG specific implications of a hypothetical sanction regime by all means but this is not a platform for discussing politics.
Who is discussing politics, it’s a perfectly reasonable question about what could happen.

Was it you that deleted my thread??

I am not cancelling my TCLR. There are Chinese components in just about everything so lets just steam on. China needs us for trade as much as we would like our MG cars.

I am not cancelling my TCLR. There are Chinese components in just about everything so lets just steam on. China needs us for trade as much as we would like our MG cars.

Spot on if there are sanctions against China it would affect everything from food to Iphones.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom