Collecting LR TC today

teepee

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Swapping my 2020 Gen 1 for a Silver LR TC later today.
:)
Week in Devon already planned at end of this week. 233 miles to get there so had planned several charging stops for my gen 1 - perhaps I can make it all the way without charging (although comfort stops definitely still necessary)

Check that Sat Nav is correctly set - not on dead reckoning.
from a useful post on this forum.

From the Sat Nav map screen press the button with 3 dots.
Then press the button More Settings.
Then press Manage Features.
Slide the slider next to Dead Reckoning to turn it off.

I was assured my car picked up last week had all the updates. That would mean that Dead Reckoning would not be the default setting - sadly was caught out by it As obviously update not carried out.

I was assured my car picked up last week had all the updates. That would mean that Dead Reckoning would not be the default setting - sadly was caught out by it...
My understanding is that after the update, dead reckoning works properly, and it's useful, so it should stay on by default. You would only turn off dead reckoning on a car that does not have the update, as a workaround.

I collect my #TeamRed TCLR this afternoon, after 10 long months.

Attachments

• 471FB61D-6D39-44FA-A937-5AA52903D96D.jpeg
    471FB61D-6D39-44FA-A937-5AA52903D96D.jpeg
    438.5 KB · Views: 130
My understanding is that after the update, dead reckoning works properly, and it's useful, so it should stay on by default. You would only turn off dead reckoning on a car that does not have the update, as a workaround.
I picked up my car on Saturday. Dead reckoning does not work. I have switched it off. I will probably continue to use my stand alone Tom Tom unit. Its got global lifetime maps and traffic updates ( no charge). I also prefer what the screen shows to MGs maps and Android Auto maps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up my car on Saturday. Dead reckoning does not work.
It's so sad to hear that there are still vehicles being delivered with non-working sat navs. I can almost understand that with the latest boatload of vehicles they may not have the time to update them all to the latest firmware versions, but at least deliver them with the workaround so that they can be used at all without a new owner getting frustrated.

Tried to contact M G head office about wait times and selling goods they do not possess. Email just blocked. Hope this is not the customer service level we can expect after continued patience getting thin.

It's so sad to hear that there are still vehicles being delivered with non-working sat navs. I can almost understand that with the latest boatload of vehicles they may not have the time to update them all to the latest firmware versions, but at least deliver them with the workaround so that they can be used at all without a new owner getting frustrated.
It makes you wonder whether the PDI is much more than a wash and fit the wheel trims.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom