Comfort Pack 2 Update MG ZS EV

I ended up paying £90 at my local servicing dealer, the fact they wouldn't budge on price has cost them my next purchase for sure, on principal. They'll begrudgingly still get my ongoing service work as their hourly rates are lower than most and they're convenient, but they've screwed any loyalty I would have had! Ooh, don't I sound bitter today? lol!

Anyway, the update is well worth it, you'll love it :)
Try W h brand of Wapload Drove, Spalding Paulie68. The update cost me nothing, it might be worth your while traveling down to South Lincs for your servicing and future purchases. They are well out of the way but they do look after their customers, loan cars Etc. Just to make it clear, I do not work for them, I am just a customer.

I was getting used to the,bongs, but having watched the video showing all the benefits of the comfort Pack 2 decided to have it done. No charge at Barnes Canterbury. Being done next week. I hope to be as happy as the man in the video was. Will post again when it’s done.
I bought mine from Barnes Canterbury and was charged £90.00.☹️ I may be having a word with them.

Try W h brand of Wapload Drove, Spalding Paulie68. The update cost me nothing, it might be worth your while traveling down to South Lincs for your servicing and future purchases. They are well out of the way but they do look after their customers, loan cars Etc. Just to make it clear, I do not work for them, I am just a customer.

The local dealer is only 11 miles away and they seem competent enough, so I'll be using them for servicing as I'm not going to put myself out with time spent travelling, Spalding is a long way away for me. I sort of resent the long warranty to be honest, as it locks me into paying for servicing that I'd normally do myself, I generally don't like or trust any car dealers much, over time I've found even the best ones to be mediocre when it comes to more technical problems.

Whoever has the best deal will get my next purchase, location won't matter for that and unless MG have a production version of the e-motion out at the time, it won't be another MG anyway.

I was getting used to the,bongs, but having watched the video showing all the benefits of the comfort Pack 2 decided to have it done. No charge at Barnes Canterbury. Being done next week. I hope to be as happy as the man in the video was. Will post again when it’s done.
I bought mine from F G Barnes Canterbury and was charged £90.00 ! I might be having a word with them.

As a matter of interest....it will still pap its horn at you..... if you try and lock the car with the ignition still switched on!!:oops:.....like I did the other day...it wouldn't lock the car either.....which is probably what you'd expect.......

As a matter of interest....it will still pap its horn at you..... if you try and lock the car with the ignition still switched on!!:oops:.....like I did the other day...it wouldn't lock the car either.....which is probably what you'd expect.......
Agreed, But it is only one discrete peep.

Copy of an E-mail I have sent to MG UK

Dear Agent 2,

Thank you very much for your reply explaining that tho Comfort 2 Pack is an Enhancement rather that an upgrade on safety grounds.

I came very close to being assaulted last week when my wife left by the passenger door to go to a supermarket and the horn sounded three times as someone was passing. He became very aggressive and fortunately calmed down before hitting me!
It is also illegal to sound the horn after 11.00pm and before 7.00am and also within certain precincts.

For these reasons alone, this enhancement should be provided my MG UK at no cost to the car owner.

I look forward to a reply from your legal department explaining the rationale for NOT treating this as an urgent safety issue.

Who takes responsibility for fines issued for sounding a horn, and who will carry the can when someone is assaulted?

From a safety aspect I have elected to have the upgrade next week, but feel certain that the positive PR engendered by admitting the aberrations in the original software, albeit installed with the best of intentions would far outweigh any NEGATIVE PR produced if someone is hurt or fined as a result of the car horn sounding at the wrong time.

Headlines Could read "KILLER CARS!" WOULD YOU DRIVE THIS AND RISK YOUR LIFE?
Still had no reply from MG UK to E-mail above.

I have complained twice to MG customer service about the horn tooting and not even received an acknowledgement let alone a reply.
I complained to my dealer's most helpful service engineer who discovered to his surprise that thehorn tooting even occurs if a rear seat passengner gets out of the car - clearly ridiculous. He forwarded my complaint to Gary Smart at MG whose has replied, and also to the dealers after sales manager on the basis that it infringes the highway code

HIGHWAY CODE 112
The horn. Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence. Never sound your horn aggressively. You MUST NOT use your horn
while stationary on the road
when driving in a built-up area between the hours of 11.30 pm and 7.00 am
except when another road user poses a danger
I have got nowhere, they both say the vehicle is operating as it was approved and that the upgrade must be paid for as it is not a safety issue. Well, nor was the charging upgrade but that was done for free!.

I bet when the "comfort pack" was released all dealers rushed to fit it to their test drive vehicles to save their embarrassment on test drives, and I suspect all new vehicles are being supplied with the upgrade.

I have read online that the "comfort pack upgrade" stops the horn tooting, although this is not mentioned in the MG description of the upgrade.( Perhaps because they realize that it is a sensitive issue. They mention that it reduces the volume and frequency of the internal chimes!)

I consider this to be a real "Slap in the face" for existing owners who are ex[pected to pay for this upgrade when we were the pioneers in supporting the launch of the new MG EV model and deserve respect and appreciation from MG motors.

I purchased my EV to be less polluting and environmental friendly but find I am now causing quite frequent and unnecessary noise pollution through no fault of my own.

The MG ZS EV is an excellent SUV and I have no regret in making an early purchase other than missing out on the software upgrade which I would have beneffitted from had I delayed my purchase and strongly feel MG should include free of charge to existing owners..

Perhaps are only way forward is to seek the help of the motoring press, newspapers and consumer watchdogs,

I have had 2 Updates done to my car .The Battery management system one and the Comfort 2 Update. Both have been done free of charge by my dealer. If your dealer has charged you he wants showing up because they claim it back from MG anyway. The comfort 2 pack has changed the bongs to one quiet chime when you switch on. There are no more 3 peeps on the horn when you leave the keys inside the car. As for the one peep when you try and lock the door while the car is switched on I don't see a problem. If you put the car in Park and switch Off then get out that seems an end to the problem.

My dealer also carried out BMS and C2 updates foc. It strikes me that it is certain dealerships that are taking advantage - and thus alienating customers.

The official dealer communication states that "if a customer requests software installed in their vehicle it should be considered a retail operation and funded by the owner/dealer. MG will not pay any warranty claim to do with software installation."

Its the advice from head office that sucks. Even though the update might take a few hours its nothing more than a few clicks of a mouse. Maybe 10 minutes of attention required over four hours?? MG shouldn't be charging for this.

@royjomo
If you read up the whole thread you will find a letter from MG to the dealerships embedded in one of the replies / contributions. Although some dealerships are doing the C2U for free, the letter clearly states the C2U is chargeable so please do not get upset with your dealership.
As to MG UK and the sort of response or lack of response we are getting from them it is classic of Chinese Officialdom. You have to accept that is how the Chinese work.
Anyway that is my humble opinion.
I have written to MG previously and indeed I got a "standard not much said corporate" reply. Part of the issues I raised in my letter have been addressed with the BMS update so I guess they do respond to letters/emails even if the content of their replies may not be to your satisfaction.

I would seriously think of changing dealers in future if that is the best kind of customer service they offer. It took no more than 2 hours to do both the BMS and Comfort 2 Update and the car was then washed and cleaned inside and out......Free of Charge
Eric Stead Garages Ltd, Ecclesfield, Sheffield.....SPOT ON.

I would seriously think of changing dealers in future if that is the best kind of customer service they offer. It took no more than 2 hours to do both the BMS and Comfort 2 Update and the car was then washed and cleaned inside and out......Free of Charge
Eric Stead Garages Ltd, Ecclesfield, Sheffield.....SPOT ON.
Mine was updated before I picked it up.
Eric Stead Garages Ltd, Ecclesfield, Sheffield.....AGAIN (y)

I spoke to MG by phone and they informed me updates are chargeable and it is up each individual dealership to charge or not.They will NOT get involved as dealerships work on franchise basis and it is up to them how they give out discounts/freebies etc.

I find it sad that some dealers want another hundred quid or so off you, that's costing them nearly nothing, after you've spent twenty odd thousand pounds with them, it's just penny pinching.
I can partly understand if you bought the car elsewhere, but if you bought it with them it's commercial suicide for their returning sales.

I had the update done last week to my car which I purchased at the end of January. This was done at Bulldog MG of Twyford, Berks. As I’d bought the car through them, they offered it at half price - £52.80. I made the point to them that I thought it was a poor decision as I’d bought from them, but there was no movement.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom