Comfort Pack 2 Update MG ZS EV

Just read that letter, it's disgraceful. The dinosaurs need to take a leaf out of Tesla's book... I shall be writing to MG UK to let them know they have probably lost any future new car purchases from myself.

Agreed it’s not on to charge you more after investigating in the brand and helping it get established, we took the risk and they get the reward. MG need to take note that buyers are entitled to have the best of the product that they have invested in...shame on MG.
I don’t have FaceBook but perhaps a campaign shaming MG on social media would help changer their dinosaur thinking....

@Ian,
Thanks.
It seems MG China has offered free update to everyone except UK.
MG UK seems very much under pressure from MG China. Unfortunately for UK MG owners the future of our car will now become very political.
It seems the UK market of MG is small and MG China is now prepared to completely ignore UK customers and are not bothered with the risk of losing their UK market share.

@Ian,
Thanks.
MG UK seems very much under pressure from MG China. Unfortunately for UK MG owners the future of our car will now become very political.
It seems the UK market of MG is small and MG China is now prepared to completely ignore UK customers and are not bothered with the risk of losing their UK market share.

I doubt that. It's most likely been left to regional MG head offices to deal with and as often is the case, the UK getting the crappy end of the deal will be down to MG UK.

Tesla had some issues last year, they had some annoying noise issues and MUST responded to a customer called "JOE" with Joe mode, Tesla didnt decide to charge anyone. Ok, Tesla have live updates and even a Tesla 3 is a somewhat more expensive vehicle. Do we think Kia, Hyundai and other Asiatic constructors would charge for code update resolutions to design issues!

Last edited:
When is it illegal to use your horn? - THE HIGHWAY CODE
www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk › answers › when-is-it-illeg...

It is illegal to sound your horn from a STATIONARY vehicle , AT ANY TIME ! ... when driving in a built-up area between the hours of 11.30 pm and 7.00 am ... I had a Renault Captur hire car, and it beeped for 15-30 seconds after locking, just out ...

The Triple horn on exiting the MG Ev under certain circumstances is also an offence, its pedantic I know but no the lass needs a fix at no cost !

When is it illegal to use your horn? - THE HIGHWAY CODE
www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk › answers › when-is-it-illeg...

It is illegal to sound your horn from a STATIONARY vehicle , AT ANY TIME ! ... when driving in a built-up area between the hours of 11.30 pm and 7.00 am ... I had a Renault Captur hire car, and it beeped for 15-30 seconds after locking, just out ...

The Triple horn on exiting the MG Ev under certain circumstances is also an offence, its pedantic I know but no the lass needs a fix at no cost !
I like where this is going....we need an angle and this is a good startIng point!

@Ian,
Very interesting comments regarding the highway code. Not sure if that alone will make MG have a change of heart.
@Paulie68,
I understand your doubt that UK owners paying for updates is from MG China. I am of the understanding that MG China is so sensitive to "China Reputational Issues" such that currently MG business in all countries is finely micro managed from China. Hence MG UK cannot unilaterally say UK owners will pay for updates without the "say so" of MG China.
My advice will be that we all have to approach MG UK/China with a petition to offer this update free of charge as well as the 4/5G module + app.
Not sure if there is much support for such action.
In my opinion without a change of heart in MG China, there will be virtually nothing that MG UK can do on this issue.

Booked my updates in for the 19th June, hoping I won’t get charged as my local workshop said they’d do if for me without charge, let’s wait and see...once done I will keep a keen eye on the expected range as in the YouTube post he noted his range also increased by 22 km, which is 13.5 miles it all helps.
What were the other updated the Sat Nav and something else wasn’t it

What were the other updated the Sat Nav and something else wasn’t it
  • The bongs are almost all gone and the sound has changed!
  • Outside temperature is now shown on the big screen in the top right corner, together with the clock. In the place of the clock on the small display you now see the estimated range left.
  • Key left in the car no longer produces the triple horn sound immediately, only a message on the small display. If you then try to lock the car the horn sounds twice and the door will not lock.
  • The volume of the radio is saved, so at startup of the car you get the previously set volume.
  • The infotainmentsystem (or at least the nav) should be more responsive. As mentioned the maps should be updated also.
  • When charging you can now unlock the car. Charging will stop, but after locking it again it will automatically resume.
  • According to Pat the MG Pilot has greatly improved.
I wonder if the extra range mentioned is not just the system resetting it's values.

I think that's it.

• The bongs are almost all gone and the sound has changed!
  • Outside temperature is now shown on the big screen in the top right corner, together with the clock. In the place of the clock on the small display you now see the estimated range left.
  • Key left in the car no longer produces the triple horn sound immediately, only a message on the small display. If you then try to lock the car the horn sounds twice and the door will not lock.
  • The volume of the radio is saved, so at startup of the car you get the previously set volume.
  • The infotainmentsystem (or at least the nav) should be more responsive. As mentioned the maps should be updated also.
  • When charging you can now unlock the car. Charging will stop, but after locking it again it will automatically resume.
  • According to Pat the MG Pilot has greatly improved.
I wonder if the extra range mentioned is not just the system resetting it's values.

I think that's it.
Thank you

Just booked my car in for the 10th to sort out a knocking noise from the steering column and to perform the update.
No mention of any charge so fingers crossed.

Great work everyone.....it looks like MG might at last be thinking about their customers concerns.......As my Grandad used to say "its better to keep a customer, than to find a new one".....

Some dealers are stepping up and owning MG SAIC;s and therfore MG UK's issue and well done to those dealers for showing empathy for their clients and in the same breath winning customer satisfaction. For those dealers not yet making the positive decision and waiting for MG UK to issue a Dealer Communication for rework and therfore payment, there will be many who are left waiting for MG !

Just booked my car in for the 10th to sort out a knocking noise from the steering column and to perform the update.
No mention of any charge so fingers crossed.

Please keep us updated, especially the steering column noise, mine makes a clicking noise sometimes when steering and the column has slight up/down play even when properly locked, so will be interested to hear what they say.

My MG dealer in Thailand says the upgrade is not yet available.
The thing that annoys me the most is the music system forgetting which USB folder it was playing from on the previous journey. Has this been fixed in the upgrade?

My MG dealer in Thailand says the upgrade is not yet available.
The thing that annoys me the most is the music system forgetting which USB folder it was playing from on the previous journey. Has this been fixed in the upgrade?
I don’t have that problem here with mine in the UK, but it does sometimes freeze when I try to skip tracks or move back, not very often, but it does it all the same. I’m wondering if the heat has an impact on the unit...

@Ian,
Thanks.
Well, everyone/country except UK has trade agreements. UK doesn't and on it's own UK is a relative small market indeed if you compare that to EU and US. I guess that has something to do with it.

Well, everyone/country except UK has trade agreements. UK doesn't and on it's own UK is a relative small market indeed if you compare that to EU and US. I guess that has something to do with it.

I doubt this is the reason anyway. But just to correct this, we currently still come under the EU agreements. despite what everyone seems to think, we have not yet left the EU! Just agreed to at a future date, provisionally the end of this year.

I doubt this is the reason anyway. But just to correct this, we currently still come under the EU agreements. despite what everyone seems to think, we have not yet left the EU! Just agreed to at a future date, provisionally the end of this year.
Yes this is true, due to leave in December 2020 if agreed, due to Covid-19 this maybe extended, but doubtful.
Regarding the US the MG ZS EV isn’t even available from what I seem to remember someone saying.. this thread has gone off piste as it is about the Comfort Pack 2 update..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom