Cost to charge maths !!!

Shoud be 12hr x 2.2 kw x 0.19 cost = £5.016
That's spot on. Hours x Kw x £/kw.

You can buy a power usage meter from Amazon or elsewhere for around £20 that will tell you more accurately what you've used.

Something to be aware of is that there is some amount of power lost in heat during charging from an AC socket. So in the above example, where you're estimating about 26.4kwh ( 12hr x 2.2kw ) usage, you may find that only low twenties ends up in the battery. It's an awful lot cheaper than petrol anyway ( for now :) ).

That's spot on. Hours x Kw x £/kw.

You can buy a power usage meter from Amazon or elsewhere for around £20 that will tell you more accurately what you've used.

Something to be aware of is that there is some amount of power lost in heat during charging from an AC socket. So in the above example, where you're estimating about 26.4kwh ( 12hr x 2.2kw ) usage, you may find that only low twenties ends up in the battery. It's an awful lot cheaper than petrol anyway ( for now :) ).
Yeh getting about 120 for £5 , I think diesel is about £6 a gallon and I was getting about 35/40 mpg so treble miles ain’t bad 😃😃

Did you add 5% for VAT?
In Victoria, Australia, electric vehicles are taxed at three times the rate of petrol vehicles. A litre of petrol is rated at 9.1kwH. Electric vehicles use around (18.2 kwH) per 100 km (or better). The same car running on petrol and using 2 litres per hundred km would pay 2 x 42.7 cents in tax. I.e. 85.4 cents per hundred km. Instead, because the car uses electricity instead of petrol it is taxed at $2.50 per hundred km, almost three times the rate of the petrol car.

in China, Electricity cost is only 1/8 of a petrol car.
1KWh cost 0.33 RMB during night.
1L gas #92 cost 7.5 RMB

assume EV 100KM used 16KWh= 5.28RMB
assume petrol car 100KM used 6L gas = 45 RMB

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom