Creak in rear/boot

nben, Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20231025_142637.jpg
    20231025_142637.jpg
    679.1 KB · Views: 187
Whats a heat sensitive spoiler? Does it shrivel in the cold?
Not quite. It expands in the heat which in turn makes the spoiler foul against the roof which is damaging the paint. As an aside, I've just brought it back home, still with the original spoiler as, for the second time, they don't have a new, undamaged one to put on it. So, in summary, the first one I took time off to get fixed wasn't painted so that cost me part of a days work and £12 for their 'insurance' for the courtesy car. The second time I took it (yesterday) I took the day off, didn't bother with their courtesy car and still they didn't fit it as the one they had painted is damaged. Best part of £17.00 for cabs. How on earth do you damage something you just made the effort to paint? Third time lucky and it gets fixed or toys and dummy are forcefully out of the pram yet again. I'm getting pretty bored with this to be honest. I have a car that I have to disable loads of crap on before I drive and it's damaged and taking forever to get repaired. There will come a point where my patience and goodwill are exhausted. Never a pretty thing to see. Ever.

I have the creak when backing onto my drive which is a transition from a steep hill onto a flat drive, so it twists the car.

The MG4 is otherwise better than most other cars as the independent suspension means it doesn't cock a wheel - most other cars end up with only 3 wheels on the ground!

I have the creak when backing onto my drive which is a transition from a steep hill onto a flat drive, so it twists the car.

The MG4 is otherwise better than most other cars as the independent suspension means it doesn't cock a wheel - most other cars end up with only 3 wheels on the ground!
Ya mine mostly happens on the driveway to road transition. It's a little steep and twisted. It happens in other places also but I mostly notice here as I'm going slowly.

My spoilers now been replaced. Apparently there is a recall in the works. Annoyingly it turned up unpainted and after install there was still "noises," from rear according to the mechanic so it's still in the shop after 10 days :-(

My spoilers now been replaced. Apparently there is a recall in the works. Annoyingly it turned up unpainted and after install there was still "noises," from rear according to the mechanic so it's still in the shop after 10 days :-(
Surprise, surprise! Mine is going in for the third time to have the tailgate replaced because it fouls the roof when it’s been in the sun and got warm. First time, it hadn’t been painted, cost me £12 for their insurance of a loaner. Second time, £17 for cabs, if I go in this time and it doesn’t get done, all my toys and my dummy will be launched out my pram! I’m self employed and don‘t want to have to keep taking time out for their cock ups. If I carried out my business like they carry out theirs, I wouldn’t have an income!

Oh… it seems I’ve repeated myself… must be an age thing 🙄

Last edited:
I have the same creak in the rear. It's very annoying
I have creaks in my rear, too.

Mrs Secure finds them very annoying too, but the only fix she can find is to get rid of me....

On a more serious note, I have started noticing noises from the boot area. I shall have a look at the weekend.

Mrs Secure finds them very annoying too, but the only fix she can find is to get rid of me....

On a more serious note, I have started noticing noises from the boot area. I shall have a look at the weekend.
I blame mine on the dogs.

Have you noticed Mrs Secure not being as present? Might she be in the boot.....

You are one brave man Mr Secure, if your missus sees this… sharpe exhale, well, I hate to think! 🤪

I'm old so thought the boot creaking was an echo!
Actually I thought it was because I nearly always travel with the back seat down, because of conveying family dogs around. Got a long trip over Christmas so will take some insulating tape along and see if wrapping the lock bar helps. Cheers

Really happy I viewed this original post as I too have a 7 month old MG4 Trophy and this creaking noise from the rear of the car has been very annoying in the last couple of months and no matter how I attempted to resolve the issue I wasn’t successful
I read through all the possible remedial scenarios and immediately dismissed the wrapping of insulated tape around the boot door anchor but on second thoughts as it was the speediest and easiest suggestions I gave it a go and “bingo” as previously commented by the original poster the problem was immediately solved
I know it wasn’t a major issue but solving the problem was seriously frustrating so big thanks to this forum I’m back in love with my MG 👍

U sure it's not the missus locked in the boot making those noises???

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back