Have MG shots themselves in the foot with price increase?

MG east london have got an white SE SR in the showroom with a grand off. It's a later one so no rear privacy glass.
I don't know if it's a pre reg or not (Suspect not)

When I got mine, it was £1500 down and £340 a month.
The same dealer is now doing £349 down and £349 a month.
There’s evidence the 4 isn’t selling ‘that’ well at all.

Cheers, I really like the Megane.
The Citroen C4 EV is also interesting, and good value.
Altough a bit slower than I’d like (136bhp)
At the risk of getting some stick again Im loving my Megane, quality inside and out, really nippy and the Google infotainment system is definitely the best one I've come across.
They only issue I've heard has been faults integrating with zappis. My energi have since taken in a couple of Meganes to the factory and are working on it at the moment, fix imminently apparently.

At the risk of getting some stick again Im loving my Megane, quality inside and out, really nippy and the Google infotainment system is definitely the best one I've come across.
They only issue I've heard has been faults integrating with zappis. My energi have since taken in a couple of Meganes to the factory and are working on it at the moment, fix imminently apparently.

Whatever I go for next I will be going onto a forum and asking lots of questions.
The main one being ‘are driver settings remembered’
I’ll try and avoid any car that doesnt

I'll need to check drive mode but certainly if I'm driving in eco it starts in that, but that might be default. Regen defaults to low every time, it isn't a hardship though as you have a left and right paddle on the steering wheel for increase/ decrease.
LKA is on on mine, never felt the need to turn it off as you don't really notice it (until you do drift over the centre line) even then it's a gentle tug. There is a physical on off button for LKA on the dash right hand side of the steering wheel.
Lots of other physical buttons, heater fan rear demist etc although you can also control all that with a "hey Google"
Found the steering column a bit busy to begin with but used to it now,
stalk for light/indicators.
Stalk for wipers.
Gear selector stalk.
And manual radio controls on a physical short stalk )don't really use that other than for volume (if I forget to speak to the thing!)

Being the cautious type I haven’t rushed in to buy the MG4 and tbh I’m very glad I did, hopefully MG customer care will improve and the issues are resolved.
However whilst I sit back and wait there are Ev manufacturers about to join the party.
Byd have a good sized suv available this quarter from pendragon, Clark’s and lookers. Supposed to be £31k (not sure if that is on the road) which has a rather funky light interior, which I like, and a full panoramic roof.
Fisker are going into full production q2 and are selling the ocean sport suv at £34900 otr, good looking interior 17” screen, metallic paint is standard and again a full panoramic roof.
Both of these cars are really well specced and makes the trophy look rather Spartan in comparison.
Have MG made the trophy far too expensive and will they have to reduce the price to compete?
I prefer the Byd and Fisker as they are much larger cars and are better value for money but if a trophy seriously undercuts them then that becomes a different matter. Mg does have room to manoeuvre as the mg4 is less than £15k in China.
I hope that Byd and Fisker will prove to be the catalyst to force euro makers to reduce ev prices as they are seriously over priced in comparison to the manufacturing costs of an ice car.
Totally agree with you on this one. Tony

Whatever I go for next I will be going onto a forum and asking lots of questions.
The main one being ‘are driver settings remembered’
I’ll try and avoid any car that doesnt
Just be aware some of the have to be unremembered due to WLTP/NCAP rules and there was a significant rule change last year, meaning new cars have to reset on every journey.

Also, I think from April, speed limiters mist be on by default for every drive.

Maybe the best thing to do is look for something with an elegant way to disable/select your settings for each drive.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back