DAB RADIO

When I got my Excite PHEV in December the dealer told me the car would be subject to a recall when the chips were available. I managed to find an email address for MG and contacted them direct. They disputed what the dealer said, and basically said we are talking "years" before the chips are available. Very disappointed.

I picked up my 23 plate today only to find the same issue. Arnold Clark never told me about the problem with DAB radio when I had the test drive and have basically told me tough luck, its an MG issue so not our problem

I picked up my 23 plate today only to find the same issue. Arnold Clark never told me about the problem with DAB radio when I had the test drive and have basically told me tough luck, its an MG issue so not our problem
Seems al the dealers just want to wash their hands of it. All keeping quiet about the problem until you have signed up....

So having had my HS Excite PHEV for just over 3 months now, folk often ask "How's the car?" and I have to reply that I love it... BUT... the entertainment system is CRAP!
But today, I finally had a go at using the DAB radio by connecting the wire in the glove box to my one usable USB port. The port told me is was initialising. Then I got two very generic "Lines (?)" appeared, Sounds 1 or Sounds 0 (something like that, I can't remember) but then nothing else. Tried using the little menu button I just kept getting a blank black screen.
I read elsewhere here that others get a screen full of DAB stations to choose from. How do I get that listing on the screen? Can anyone advise me please?

I picked my new mghs 28th of October 22 I was told about the dab temp fix but phoned mg head office yesterday 17th march 23 and was told probably will be never fixed😡 I’m considering lobbying the ceo at Mg

Should we start a class action to get a refund of some of some of the money we have paid for the car?
Yes how do we go about it

Should we start a class action to get a refund of some of some of the money we have paid for the car?
Yes we should

Your contract is with the dealer not mg so you should have been informed about the issue at point of sale. I only collected my car last Monday and I also wasn’t informed about the issue with dab so will be taking it up with my dealer on Monday.

I think that there could be a real issue here regarding dealers who are not being upfront and honest about the issue re dab radio. If you were considering more than one make of car and the alternative didn’t have problems with dab but you chose the mg without being fully informed about the issues I think there could be a mis selling claim here.

So picked up my HS hybrid sat 30th July ( ordered Oct 21) , all good except no DAB radio chip installed , they have stuck a temporary Ariel to the windscreen which plugs in usb . Anyone else had this and any news when it will be rectified please .
Why are we’re accepting not being informed until we have already bought the car? The dealers should tell us otherwise it’s miss selling. I have spent Roger past week thinking it was something I was doing wrong and when I rang my dealer was informed that he wasn’t “technical’ so would get someone to call me back. It was then I googled the issue and lo and behold I think he is bluffing. Just tell the truth. I will be ringing the manager in the morning. Had I have been told I may well have bought another make.

Yes, lets start a class action

we should all get together and start a class action

Yes, lets start a class action

we should all get together and start a class action
Absolutely, even those who had been told off the issue are entitled to a refund. Those, like me who were never informed it could be argued we were mis sold. I will be ringing the manager of the dealership this morning so will see what he has to say.

Well, I spoke to the manager of the dealership where I bought my car from last Monday he thought the issues had been sorted, I don’t think so, but he would investigate and ring me back as of yesterday. Surprise surprise he didn’t ring. My next call will be to the group manager. It’s almost as though there has been a general remit to ignore the issue and say nothing and it will go away.

So picked up my HS hybrid sat 30th July ( ordered Oct 21) , all good except no DAB radio chip installed , they have stuck a temporary Ariel to the windscreen which plugs in usb . Anyone else had this and any news when it will be rectified please .

I totally agree. I have been on the heels of the finance company

Spoke to the dealership manager, he would investigate and call me back yesterday. He didn’t. I am so fed up with numerous failure to get back to me that I have emailed a complaint to the director of the group of Drive dealerships. Let’s see what happens now.

well another day and still no response. In frustration I found rude dealerships chairman’s email and send my complaint to him. I got an immediate response from him saying this is not what he wants to hear and he has forwarded my complaint to tide relevant person who will be in touch with me. 🤞

I picked up my new '23 plate yesterday and it has the wire to the USB and the terrible quality DAB and frankly unsafe scrolling to change stations. I'm absolutely fuming that this was not discussed as part of the sale process, in particular because I was trading in a '20 plate MG HS which had a flawless DAB so they new they were effectively giving me a significant downgrade. I know it seems like a small thing but it's ruined what is otherwise a great car for me.

I have the same problem on the mg5 long range 72 plate. Would a factory reset sort this problem or is it a hardware problem which needs replacing

We have 7 of these mg5 and only two without dab. Why do they sell them with faulty dab, what's wrong with the car industry has it gone tits up

We just to keep all informed. I have just taken ownership of my MG HS. Guess what. It has the "Temporary" retrofit solution. I was not even made aware by the dealership during the test drive, or handover. Its a small issue, but angry with MG for not being professional in resolving the issue. And with the dealerships tactics

We just to keep all informed. I have just taken ownership of my MG HS. Guess what. It has the "Temporary" retrofit solution. I was not even made aware by the dealership during the test drive, or handover. Its a small issue, but angry with MG for not being professional in resolving the issue. And with the dealerships tactics

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom