Did I buy the long range?

Guess-o-meters are just that. I drive M56/M6 and mixed A/B roads and work off the battery percentage rather than focus too much on the GOM. I would say the advertised range is very fair compared to other EV brand over- estimates.

Anyway, I did my first charge to 100% yesterday to balance the battery here is the result.

Attachments

• B2455837-30AB-4826-B601-7E41AF108B91.jpeg
    B2455837-30AB-4826-B601-7E41AF108B91.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 181
It is quite common for those coming from ICE to EV to experience concern regarding range when driving at motorway speeds. In ICE diesels for example, 70mph is relatively efficient but in an EV the high speed is a killer for range. Driving on longish journeys at 70mph as you might in an ICE will quickly drain your battery. If you creep up to 80mph as many drivers do on our motorways this is even more severe on the battery drain. It make a massive difference. On the other side slow speed work is brilliant in an EV with really low consumption.

Thanks for all your reply’s, going from the photos I do have the blue stalks, I think I’m getting around 200 range, currently done 194.3 @ 3.7 kWh so maybe there is a little more range, I haven’t been using the heating but the weather has been bad recently and I have been driving at 70mph . Realistically what range should this get ?
Hi all
I am with the same situation like you before I bought my long-range I rented one for a day and it was standard range but now I found out there is no different between mien which is long-range and the one which I rented !! I got in both of them about 190 miles and I drove both of them in same condition is this something hidden we don’t know about?????
Is any way we can check physically that our battery is 61 kW/h???

Guess-o-meters are just that. I drive M56/M6 and mixed A/B roads and work off the battery percentage rather than focus too much on the GOM. I would say the advertised range is very fair compared to other EV brand over- estimates.

Anyway, I did my first charge to 100% yesterday to balance the battery here is the result.
Hi did the same too and I got 203 miles for long range it is so unusual!

Hi all,

I just bought what I believe is the long range exclusive MG5 61.1kwh I picked it up the other day, I don’t seem to be getting near the advertised range this could just be my driving and I haven’t had too much time in it yet but, I was just wondering if there is any physical difference between the standard range and the long range that I could look for to double check that I in fact have the long range? I know I have lane assistance and I believe I have the adaptive cruise control but were these available for the SR MG5 as an add on?
Any advice would be appreciated 👍
A heavy right foot and 70mph on the motorway really hurts the battery range. I do a fair few motorway miles each week and have completely changed my driving style since getting an EV. Before I would be trying to race everything on the road and always cruising at the legal limit, but now I drive much more sedately. Sure it takes a bit longer, but I'm much calmer and gives me better range. Still not getting 250 miles at the moment, but once the weather and temps improve I reckon I won't be far off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my long range mg5 since end of November and consistently getting roughly 175/ 180 Miles. That’s driving as eco as I can in town traffic, but not too stop start. Also been trying out eco, normal and all the kers to see if I can get anywhere near the ’magic‘ 200. I am in Aberdeen so temps never have been above 8c and are usually on the whole 0-5c.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom