Digital Launch 13th September

Petrolheads & Tesla fanbois?
(A Tesla fanboi is someone who believes that Tesla should be the only EV!)
Hang on, I'm a Tesla fan boy, love Tesla, TSLA, Elon, & my Model S (which is the best EV! :p) but I certainly don't think like this at all!

I like lots of other EV's as well and will likely buy an MG4 and/or the MG Roadster next year.

Hang on, I'm a Tesla fan boy, love Tesla, TSLA, Elon, & my Model S (which is the best EV! :p) but I certainly don't think like this at all!

I like lots of other EV's as well and will likely buy an MG4 and/or the MG Roadster next year.
That's the difference between "fan boy" and "fanboi". 😋

They really need to improve their promotional interviewing styles.

MG get Robert Llewellyn interviewing Miles Roberts about it.... would be much more informative and entertaining !
Yep, it was certainly very wooden indeed, looked a bit like a hostage video. Maybe there were a couple of CCP officials stood behind the camera man ensuring compliance, lol!!

Good to see that there will be 10 models on the MSP by 2025!

I wonder how many will be available in the UK?

MG are going to need more boats to get them over here!

Why tripe? It was a promotional video made by the manufacturer....

Quite well made, I thought.
It was like watching a bunch of amateurs spouting clouds of emotive but largely irrelevant words extracted at random from a dictionary.

If it had been rehearsed at all I doubt more than once and the poor French bloke looked like he was touching cloth when his new CEO was rolled out.

When he said he was taking the MG 4 for a ride I had to add 'and all the numpties (inc me) wasting their time watching this drivel'

Fortunately the viewing figure for the live event peaked at a whopping 670 or thereabouts for, presumably, all of Europe dropping to just over 200 at about the 75% mark so not too much harm done.

Last edited:
Good to see that there will be 10 models on the MSP by 2025!

I wonder how many will be available in the UK?

MG are going to need more boats to get them over here!
Not if they repeat what must have been, in my opinion, the debacle of submitting their business plan for the period including the launch of the facelift ZS where they must have seriously underestimated demand.

I thought the presentation was pretty good for this kind of promotional event, especially bearing in mind they were all probably reading auto-cues not in their native language, especially the CEO from SAIC.
As has been said already, slightly disappointed there was not much info provided that we don't already know, and confirmation as usual that UK gets less options to choose from than rest of Europe.
Just want to see one in the flesh now and have a drive...c'mon transporters get those cars out to the dealers... 🚙

I thought the presentation was pretty good for this kind of promotional event, especially bearing in mind they were all probably reading auto-cues not in their native language, especially the CEO from SAIC.
As has been said already, slightly disappointed there was not much info provided that we don't already know, and confirmation as usual that UK gets less options to choose from than rest of Europe.
Just want to see one in the flesh now and have a drive...c'mon transporters get those cars out to the dealers... 🚙
On that subject re: deliveries, my dealer called me today on an unrelated matter and mentioned that they have no idea yet, when they will arrive. Poor show this.

He also mentioned that they had two random stock ZS’s suddenly appear for delivery on Thursday. No ordered just for stock.

Fair play to them, they did not want to offer them up for sale, due to how it would look, so contacted some old customers orders (that had been waiting for red for months, and are going to offer them up later on today.

They are aware that some dealerships are getting stock orders and selling them whilst they still have customers waiting the exact same car.

Gawd knows what MG are doing with their order allocation. just makes no sense.

I thought the video was well put together and well presented (much better than all the cheesy phone launches). I didn't learn anything new but there was confirmation that the climate control responds to voice commands
Just realised there are 2 launch videos. The wooden one with the French presenter and the English one which has much better production values.

Brochure from MG Europe

Thanks for that brochure - quality Franglais probably translated from Chinese by a non-car enthusiast.

I like the 16" black wheel covers better than the 17" ones ....

The light interior is only an option on their Luxury model - it'll be interesting to know how popular it is. No doubt it photographs better than the darker one.

The door open warning system is interesting, and not what I assumed it meant. Apparently it uses the door mirror cameras to detect an approaching cyclist/motorcyclist and warns you if you try to open the door into them.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back