Digital Launch 13th September

A few interesting facts from the presentation - brake discs all round, by-wire braking, dual pinion electronic power steering and it does look as though the DRLs are the eye-lashes not in the bumper.

The braking system in the ZS EV is certainly a highlight, and better than the VW systems - so high hopes for the MG4.

It's still a little frustrating watching people having to long press on the infotainment screen to register a 'click' - hopefully they can improve that in software and it's not just because the hardware is slow.

One question is where the top 'treble' speakers are - I don't see them on the pillars?

Last edited:
A few interesting facts from the presentation - brake discs all round, by-wire braking, dual pinion electronic power steering and it does look as though the DRLs are the eye-lashes not in the bumper.

The braking system in the ZS EV is certainly a highlight, and better than the VW systems - so high hopes for the MG4.

It's still a little frustrating watching people having to long press on the infotainment screen to register a 'click' - hopefully they can improve that in software and it's not just because the hardware is slow.

One question is where the top 'treble' speakers are - I don't see them on the pillars?
I think I found the tweeters.
75BFC78E-3814-4C53-903D-065BE898289E.jpeg

Interesting how the world of digital media works, only 5.6k views for the English language Europe launch, 1.8k for the UK launch against 37k for the Electric Viking and 426k for Fully Charged.
So who was the audience for the official launches? To me they didn't deliver for the "enthusiasts" but clearly have failed to penetrate the mass market where their time would have been better spent supporting the existing channels.

Interesting how the world of digital media works, only 5.6k views for the English language Europe launch, 1.8k for the UK launch against 37k for the Electric Viking and 426k for Fully Charged.
So who was the audience for the official launches? To me they didn't deliver for the "enthusiasts" but clearly have failed to penetrate the mass market where their time would have been better spent supporting the existing channels.
agreed.

and getting the damned cars into the dealerships early doors.

When speaking with my dealership, he was saying that he had loads of people coming in and wanting to look at the car and asking if their golf clubs would fit in the boot and other such stuff pertinent to them. “Dunno, Dunno, dunno“ to every question.

When can I see the car?…..”Dunno”

They did not need to have the cars ready for customers, to drive away, just some cars in the dealerships for perusal at the same time as the Press reviews at the heritage centre.

How long have the cars been sat in some random car park now? two weeks? Three?

Seeems a strange way to launch a new car, especially in September for new registrations.

agreed.

and getting the damned cars into the dealerships early doors.

When speaking with my dealership, he was saying that he had loads of people coming in and wanting to look at the car and asking if their golf clubs would fit in the boot and other such stuff pertinent to them. “Dunno, Dunno, dunno“ to every question.

When can I see the car?…..”Dunno”

They did not need to have the cars ready for customers, to drive away, just some cars in the dealerships for perusal at the same time as the Press reviews at the heritage centre.

How long have the cars been sat in some random car park now? two weeks? Three?

Seeems a strange way to launch a new car, especially in September for new registrations.
Apparently, the dealers are all doing their "What does this button do?" course on the 22nd.

Re. golf clubs - I'd be amazed if they didn't fit. You might need to remove the driver from the bag (like I used to have to do when I had a 2012 Golf GT) but the bag should still fit. :)

Re. golf clubs - I'd be amazed if they didn't fit. You might need to remove the driver from the bag (like I used to have to do when I had a 2012 Golf GT) but the bag should still fit. :)
Fingers crossed! In my ZSEV I take out the driver, put the trolley in and lay the golf bag on top and it fits like a dream as the boot is quite deep. So I have width, depth and height to worry about! If I have to put a backseat down in the MG4 then so be it, just don't tell the wife!

Can't you just put the golf club bag on the back seat? Or is that some appalling faux pas that would disgrace you in the car park?

Come to think of it, is golf still a game for middle class snobs, or can any old chav join in these days? :ROFLMAO:

Can't you just put the golf club bag on the back seat? Or is that some appalling faux pas that would disgrace you in the car park?

Come to think of it, is golf still a game for middle class snobs, or can any old chav join in these days? :ROFLMAO:
My wife would be horrified if just one tiny spec of grass or mud made its way from the bag on to the back seat, my life wouldn't be worth living! More seriously, golf club bags do have the odd plastic and metal clips and zips on them, so I suppose there's a risk of this catching on the car seats.

My wife would be horrified if just one tiny spec of grass or mud made its way from the bag on to the back seat, my life wouldn't be worth living! More seriously, golf club bags do have the odd plastic and metal clips and zips on them, so I suppose there's a risk of this catching on the car seats.
Maybe you could use one of these seat covers for dogs, that hooks over the headrests front & back?

81RJX8UnMnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HPRK34R/

I have one of them sitting in a List at the moment. :)

Edit: the forum keeps changing the link so I've de-linked it 😡

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel