Disabling Wireless Charging

Can't you turn off wireless charging in your phone menu
All android phones have this capability so I would have thought iPhone does too.

A quick Google indicates that you can't turn it off on an iPhone. Although I did also find this:

With your iPhone 8 or above, simply head into the settings and follow these instructions.

General > Accessibility. Hit where it says Wireless Charging and turn on.

Or should you not want to navigate through various buttons, you can do this instead:

Tap the home screen>Swipe down and view the Control Center > Tap the Wireless Charging option to turn it on.

However, if you own an iPhone8 or the SE, swipe up from the bottom of the screen instead.

TBH, removing fuses seems a bit of a jump. I use a bedside wireless charger and my phone as a night clock. I've also installed a Motorola MA1 to give me wireless AA in the car, so I can just keep my phone in my pocket in the car or storage box etc. That lets me keep wireless charging on my Android phone.

TBH, removing fuses seems a bit of a jump. I use a bedside wireless charger and my phone as a night clock. I've also installed a Motorola MA1 to give me wireless AA in the car, so I can just keep my phone in my pocket in the car or storage box etc. That lets me keep wireless charging on my Android phone.
Yes, I get that option but it means spending money. Maybe it is worth it, I'll consider.

A quick Google indicates that you can't turn it off on an iPhone. Although I did also find this:

Thanks, I don't actually use wireless charging on my phone as it creates a lot of extra heat, and it's slower than wired charging.

I'll try turning it off on mine and see if this does the trick.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back