Disconnecting battery qwick fix

Yes, totally agree. It seems the whole infotainment system is buggy and TBH I don't really understand the issue with sometimes having to disconnect the 12V battery following a rapid charge.... It's not happened to me yet but I'm sure it will at some point.

I guess the issue is that if MG accept there is a problem they will have to do a recall and they're not gonna want to do that!!

I would like to think all these issues have been fixed in the facelift version but it doesn't really help all of us with the current versions
I'm sorry but if MG want to build good quality cars and build on their reputation it's high time they accepted there is a problem and if it means a recall so be it. It's better to solve the problem than wait for a disaster to happen.

I'm sorry but if MG want to build good quality cars and build on their reputation it's high time they accepted there is a problem and if it means a recall so be it. It's better to solve the problem than wait for a disaster to happen.
Whilst a short term fix is indeed to disconnect the battery terminal for a few seconds, this is best done (IMO anyway) by having a suitable spanner in the glovebox, end of. If you start modifying the battery cabling then you are opening yourself to criticism of “knowing better” than the vehicles manufacturer on how to do things. The 12v disconnect is certainly a short term fix to buggy software in various modules, but to modify as proposed is a case of two wrongs not making a right.

The info unit in the face lift is huge improvement over the Gen 1 unit.
But it still can be "Caught Out" sometimes by a small glitch.
Yesterday, when booting up the car it did not instantly fire up the unit, bringing on the radio as normal.
There was a small delay, then it booted from the main MG screen welcome screen ( which looks very nice ).
This then interrupted the "Ready" bong sound when the radio came on.
I have not witnessed the "Black Screen Of Death" on the unit YET !.
Our info unit would crash in the above fashion, on a fairly regular basis on the Gen 1 version.
I have also on a few occasions had the infotainment screen remain black for 30 seconds from i pressed start.

Car drives fine, but all of the safety systems seems to be run off of the infotainment computer, as it will throw up error messages about every safety system being disabled.

On my way home, when picking it up from the dealer, it was a bit silly, the GPS showing me driving on different fields next to the motorway, and sometimes crossing a road, making the GPS make announcements on what to do next.

I pressed the home button for 10 seconds and the system rebooted, which sent the car into somewhat of a panic, where all of the safety systems were suddenly offline, making it flash messages on the instrument cluster and bong, quite a bit. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom