Do MG EVs normally rattle and creak? Is this the view of your dealer?

Does your MG EV creak and rattle?

• Yes.

• No.

• No, but my dealer thinks they do.

• Not sure, can I just see the results.

• No but All dealers of any brand of car I bought, held the view their cars creak and rattle.

• Yes but my dealer thinks it's all normal.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Let’s be honest all cars rattle and squeak, the less you pay the more likely. The older it gets, the more likely, the harder you drive it, the more likely, exponentially affected buy school runs, grandkids, door slamming and regular seat down overloads.
Is it more noticeable because so many EV drivers seem to be hell bent on the slowest, smoothest driving style to improve range? I guess you would notice more…….

A Pillar ticking is mainly in winter (I've had 2 winters in mine) and although the dealer did something the first couple of times it came back until the warm weather came.

Lots of creaking and clatter from somewhere at the back I can't track down but what annoys me the most is that the Front Passenger door which doesn't close properly unless virtually SLAMMED. This is really annoying because you think the doors are closed until you try to lock the car and it Beeps Or you set off and the door open alert bongs and you have to pull over to close the door properly. Dealer's three attempts to resolve never works and on three occasions it has supposedly been looed at! I think there is a miss alignment of the latch with that "U Bolt" on the door pillar as there are clear friction marks on the top and none on the bottom and closing the door very very slowly the door appears to rise about a millimetre as the rubber meets the frame.

Dealer's three attempts to resolve never works and on three occasions it has supposedly been looed at! I think there is a miss alignment of the latch with that "U Bolt" on the door pillar as there are clear friction marks on the top and none on the bottom and closing the door very very slowly the door appears to rise about a millimetre as the rubber meets the frame.
The door lock receiver / striker on the "B" post, that you call the "U Bolt" is usually adjustable ?.
This allows for small adjustments in a "UP / DOWN / IN OUT" fashion.
If you are having the slam the door to achieve the second latch on the door, then the receiver needs moving slight OUTWARDS to reduce the pressure on the door seal.
Almost every fastener on the car has been identified by blue ident paint in the factory.
If the dealer has attempted to rectify the issue by adjusting the receiver, the witness marks should be evident.
I would have thought this facility is still achievable.

It shouldn’t be that difficult to adjust a door to shut correctly should it?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom