Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Do you think it's safe to get in the car🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230520-210420~2.png
    Screenshot_20230520-210420~2.png
    354.1 KB · Views: 441
Yeah we all have 87 and just do another scan. Seems to be a first scan bug. Related note mine was 35 today, remote stuck the AC on. Worked a treat.

From the way the aircon heats and cools, I suspect that there are separate sensors for the interior temperature and the aircon system. Either that of there is an offset in the software code; a bug.

There's definitely an offset in the temperature sensor for the aircon, although I think some people claim not to have that bug. I think the questionable remote reporting of the interior temperature might be something different though.

From the way the aircon heats and cools, I suspect that there are separate sensors for the interior temperature and the aircon system. Either that of there is an offset in the software code; a bug.
It most certainly has to be a bug. Why else would it go away after scanning another time?

I also find that if I scan repeatedly within a few minutes the reported interior temperature often starts improbably high, then drops rapidly on subsequent scans.

Trying it now. The car has been in the garage, with no sun on it (the garage window faces north) since about 6.30 on Friday. I'm confident it must have equalised its temperature with the garage itself by now. First scan gives me 12 degrees outside, which I believe. It's dull, overcast and showery at the moment and the BBC app gives 13 degrees. It's entirely possible the garage, with no sun on it, is a degree or so colder than the outside air. Interior temperature of the car? 20 degrees. No way.

Refresh, after typing that. Exterior still 12 degrees, interior now 18 degrees. Still no way.

Another five minutes. 17 degrees.

Immediate refresh. 16 degrees.

Another couple of minutes. Be still my heart. 87 degrees!

Immediate refresh. 15 degrees. Bear in mind I am confident that the correct reading is 12 degrees.

And again. 14 degrees. This is about 17 minutes since the first reading of 20 degrees.

20 minutes in, 14 degrees again.

27 minutes in, seems to be stabilising at 14 degrees.

Half an hour, still 14 degrees.

So an apparent 6-degree drop in interior temperature from a frankly ridiculous 20 degrees to a somewhat more plausible 14 degrees over the span of about 17 minutes, then the reading stabilises. I still don't entirely believe it, because there is absolutely no reason at all for the interior of the car to be warmer than ambient right now, and ambient is quite clearly correct at 12 degrees.

Moral of the story. Don't believe the app when it tells you the interior temperatue, even if it isn't telling you it's 87 degrees.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel